Setting up S4 mk3 again

Pakolainen
Pakolainen Member Posts: 8 Member

Have had the S4 mk3 for over a year and had it in the garage, running the software off a windows laptop with audio through a Yamaha amplifier and then into 3 speakers run off the amplifier.

I've now moved house and country, have the same controller, same laptop and same amplifier, only this i have as a soundbar (LG) as the sound output.

I have tried the soundbar as an optical connection and also as HDMI.

The software shows the tracks playing but no sound is coming out from anywhere.

I've reinstalled all software and drivers again, but with no joy.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,216 Expert

What audio device have you selected and how is the routing selected in traktor?

• Pakolainen

This is what comes up

And for output routing

But have tried all variants.

• lord-carlos

Next time please rotate the images before uploading. Or better, just take a screenshot. Shift + Win + S on windows. You can then just ctrl + v them into forum.

Anyhow, I just tested it on my laptop. When I plug in a HDMI sound device, and then start traktor I can see the device: Often something with display or HDMI in the name.

But of course that means you will have no CUE (Headphones), as traktor can only address a single sound interface at a time.

Oh, and soundbars often have a short delay because off all the processing.

You can get software that sends the sound to both the S4 and the soundbar, but :effort: I don't have good experience with that.

I suggest to get a speaker that you can connect to the S4 directly. Much less pain.

• Pakolainen

Thanks.

Originally the regular speakers plugged in to the amplifier were fine. But as i moved abroad i didnt take them with me.

Will have to pick up a set of pc speakers or similar.

Thanks again

• Pakolainen

Have now plugged the soundbar directly into the laptop, via HDMI, leaving the amplifier completely out of it.

I see the option to use the Soundbar as the sound output. But no sound comes with the decks plugged in. As soon as i unplug the decks USB, then sound from the Traktor 3 program works. plus the S4 back in and it loses it. It also looks like not all the knobs work from the S4 in Traktor 3 for example the main volume knob.

• lord-carlos

After you plug the S4 in, make sure that the soundbar is still selected in the audio setting, not the s4.

And make sure that master is routed.

• Pakolainen

Soundbar plugged in to the laptop via HDMI and selected as laptop output sound.

Nothing changes. Unplug the S4 and sound still comes through the laptop and not soundbar.

Master being routed - no idea what that is.

• lord-carlos

Seems like the HDMI out is not on the list at all.

You started traktor after plugging the HDMI cable in?

And normal windows sounds / other programs can use it?

• Pakolainen
    edited October 2022

Have somehow managed to get it to work.

Audio device was : Intel display audio (WASAPI (shared)

Buit in soundcard Realtek High Definition Audio

Now just to work out why all the knobs on the S4 dont react within Traktor

• lord-carlos

Do you have Mixing mode: external selected? Should be internal.