How to disable Pitch bend once and for all

VITOVALENTINO
VITOVALENTINO Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited October 2022 in Scripting Workshop

Hello Native Instrument users, I, like many of you, have a faulty pitch bend wheel on my AKAI MPK49. I would like to resolve this issue. Now I know that once you open up any instrument in Kontakt you can go into instrument settings and disable the pitch bend under MOD... BUT, this is not the case for a few instruments such as NOIRE.

Can one of you kind souls please help me put this issue to rest..

As you can see ive tried to stack 3 instances of pitch bend turned all the way down- yet i still get pitch modulation.

Thanks!!

Best Answer

• stephen24
    stephen24 Member Posts: 276 Pro
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

If it works this will be my first ever multiscript. If it doesn't, I'm sure EvilDragon will do it properly for you. (I think it will affect the entire multi, so don't have anything else in this instance of Kontakt that needs PB)

on midi_in
      if ($MIDI_COMMAND = $MIDI_COMMAND_PITCH_BEND)
        ignore_midi
      end if
    end on

Copy it into the first KSP multiscript slot and click Apply

Answers

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro

AFAIK the PB instruction is hard coded into the MIDI spec and is generally NOT an assignable MIDI CC#, so... short of getting your PB wheel repaired or replaced, you may be out of luck.

You MIGHT be able to use an interceptor application like MIDI-OX to catch any PB data and trash it or steer it elsewhere before it gets to your DAW/Instrument instance, but I've never had to try that.

• VITOVALENTINO

I appreciate your timely response!! I've looked into MIDI-OX but really did not want to have to take that extra step (I was hoping for a workaround inside the VST). I guess my next option is to either take out the wheel myself or get a new keyboard :(. Thanks so much.

• stephen24
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

If it works this will be my first ever multiscript. If it doesn't, I'm sure EvilDragon will do it properly for you. (I think it will affect the entire multi, so don't have anything else in this instance of Kontakt that needs PB)

on midi_in
      if ($MIDI_COMMAND = $MIDI_COMMAND_PITCH_BEND)
        ignore_midi
      end if
    end on

Copy it into the first KSP multiscript slot and click Apply

• VITOVALENTINO

Sorry for the later response, where should I enter this text? I am not that well versed in multiscript/ text/ code. Thanks for your help!!

• stephen24

(in Kontakt 5) Where it says KSP right at the top. Click Edit to open an empty slot (details are in the KSP manual)