Uninstall a library from Native Access

Artestudio53
Artestudio53 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited February 9 in Native Access

I would need some space, how can I uninstall libraries or plugins from Native access ? Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,788 Expert

It is not possible to uninstall NI SW using NA/NA2.

On Win you may uninstall it using Add/Remove Software using standard way of uninstalling in Win.

On Mac, I do not know. AFAIK one has to remove appropriate files at several folders.

• Ronny Bangsund
    Ronny Bangsund Member Posts: 71 Helper

On macOS:

Kontakt Libraries: Delete the library folder. Look in your home folder for Library/Preferences/com.native-instruments.<library name>.plist (you will need to make Library visible in Finder settings, or press cmd+shift+G and type in the path).

Plugins are found in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/, under the AAX, Components, VST and VST3 folders.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

If you want to go full blown uninstallation on a Mac, here is how to: How to Uninstall Native Instruments Software from a Mac Computer

• cnnryng
    cnnryng Member Posts: 15 Member

Why has this not been baked into the Native Access app? It's absurd that you can install, relocate, and repair from NI, but not uninstall

• Michael Scheurer
    Michael Scheurer Member Posts: 21 Member

I second that, it needs an uninstall function, even if one does go through the process of deleting all the files the product is still listed in Native Access.

I've recently install the demo of Komplete Now for the 3 months demo only to find out I only got 1 month. Now I'm faced with everything that was installed being listed as "Demo" with no way to get rid of them...

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,254 Expert

Well…if you uninstall them (with the methods listed in previous posts) they should not be listed as “Demo”, but eventually under the “Not Installed” tab. Or am I wrong? I’m not expert in Komplete Now (I’m one of those “Subscriptions? NoNoNo” guys 😉)

• Michael Scheurer

Hello NI

we still need a working method of uninstalling libraries for the Mac!

I've let my Komplete NOW demo subscription laps and upgraded to Komplete Standard, now, despite deleting the library folders of for example Alicia Keys and deleting the prefs file, it's still showing in Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol. It defeats the purpose of having these library browsers if it's littered with stuff that you can't use. It kills the creative process.

Please please please give us a way of cleaning up NI content or tell us which files to edit to get rid of demo content.

• Michael Scheurer

This does not get rid of the libraries. According to Native Access, they are still installed and listed as Demo. This is becoming very tedious!

And considering this is Native Instrument content and not third party libraries, it's poor form.

• Rich_NI
    Rich_NI Customer Care Posts: 173 mod

Hi @Michael Scheurer

This is currently being looked into by our Native Access team, to see how to best manage subscriptions / cancelled subscriptions within Native Access.

If you have deleted the library folder and the plist files, then the libraries are uninstalled from your system - but they still show in Native Access because the Subscription exists on your account, even though it is cancelled.

An uninstall feature will be implemented in Native Access in a future update, but this will be separate as to how Subscription products are handled.

@Hayo_NI - this thread contains feedback for you regarding Komplete NOW products in NA2.

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 271 mod

Likely you didn't delete the plist registry if you're on mac.

As Rich mentioned, we're working on it. We're aware that we should've worked on this feature many many years ago, but we're getting decently close to release now.

Regarding the subscription being in demo, you can use these products in demo mode after your subscription expires. If you buy Komplete Standard afterwards, then your products should be activated again. If you wish for these products to be entirely gone and you not involved in Komplete in either Now or Standard, then for now you need to manually remove all the files. I'm sorry that this has to be the case right now.

• Michael Scheurer

Thanks for the reply,

but the magic plist registry (if you're referring to the plist with with the product name) didn't do the trick, the product in question is still listed in NA, Komplete and Kontakt.

We also have a misunderstanding, I had and cancelled a subscription to Now and bought a license of Komplete Standard and now I'm wrestling with the NOW products that are not included in Standard.

Since deleting the library files and plists, the presets of these products still show up in Komplete and Kontakt but won't load as the files are missing. At least in Kontakt you can hide them in the preference but there is not such function in Komplete which makes unusable/unproductive.

The Native content is an absolute mess, some days I feel like deleting everything and starting again but with our slow internet in Oz reinstalling 2 computers takes a full day and that's time I don't have.

• babkubwa
    babkubwa Member Posts: 2 Member

Native access .. - it's really not good enough. Very difficult to tell what I own - vs what I have demoed in the past , or what was a subscription. I was tempted to buy the Komplete upgrade given the price and the quality of sounds - but the mess that native access leaves my computer in puts me off.

Just being able to see what you own - vs whats a demo or subscription , and being able to uninstall products all seem like really basic things to expect

• ASKF
    ASKF Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Is it really THAT difficult to put a Remove button next to the libraries? 😳

• Syncopator
    Syncopator Member Posts: 21 Member

Users have been asking for this for YEARS. NI clearly doesn't care, which is simply asinine. It's beyond infuriating.

• jw1
    jw1 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

@Rich_NI @Hayo_NI Any updates on uninstalling libraries from Native Access in MacOS?