All Expansions (Drum Kits and Instruments on Sound level) tuned to C3?

DeepThumb
DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor
edited January 2022 in Maschine

Hello Maschinists,

Are all Expansions tuned to Key C3?

When I look at the piano roll of a sound then C3 is allways highlighted independent from beeing a sample or a MIDI event.

This would mean that I had to tune all sounds e.g. to A# or whatever. How to do that in an efficient manner?

Best Answers

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro
    Answer ✓

All the ones I've looked at are tuned that way — they have to be tuned to something! I've only ever done one at a time (and not often as I'm more of an old school rock & roll kind of guy!)

• xr0ckstar808
    xr0ckstar808 Member Posts: 6 Member
    Answer ✓

Select your sound from the kit loaded or whatever sound loaded and then select keyboard mode on the mk3 then you can up and down octave and semi tones which is what you're looking for . U can even go further and set it to play chords and scales and only have those be playable pads Instesd of a traditional keyboard layout.

Answers

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro
    Answer ✓

All the ones I've looked at are tuned that way — they have to be tuned to something! I've only ever done one at a time (and not often as I'm more of an old school rock & roll kind of guy!)

• DeepThumb
    DeepThumb Member Posts: 170 Advisor

THX!

Ok, so if i want a different root key I have to bite the bullet and work with an Analizer/EQ because Maschine doesn't show the notes when using the tune / pitch knobs.

• xr0ckstar808
    xr0ckstar808 Member Posts: 6 Member
    Answer ✓

Select your sound from the kit loaded or whatever sound loaded and then select keyboard mode on the mk3 then you can up and down octave and semi tones which is what you're looking for . U can even go further and set it to play chords and scales and only have those be playable pads Instesd of a traditional keyboard layout.