Minus sign before Native Instruments?????

Composerdan
Composerdan Member Posts: 6 Member
edited September 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

I went to my computer to start another project in Logic on my Mac and noticed that my Native Instruments were not sounding. There is a - sign before the Native Instruments name where you go and select what sound you want for that particular track. This wasn't there a day ago and nothing has been done to my computer at all. It has set in the same place that I left it yesterday and it worked fine then. If I go into a project where Native Instruments were used, they play back fine, but if I highlight the track and try to play that sound on the keyboard it has no sound now. I have tried new projects and old projects and nothing allows me to play the sounds live anymore. I also noticed that there is a - sign before the name Kontact as well. All my other tracks work fine such as Spit Fire Audio orchestra or any other sound, just not the ones in Native Instruments. Please help me if you can with as simple to follow directions as possible. Thank you so much for any help that anyone can give me as I really appreciate it very much.

Thanks so much

Dan

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Composerdan
    Answer ✓

Jeremy, thanks so much for the response. I watched a Youtube video on this issue and that was the same thing they were talking about but in reverse. They were saying how to adjust the midi channel in the plugin and when I did that I noticed that when I put it to Omni I could hear the sounds. Now that you have commented about the controller being switched, that makes sense to me that I must have accidentally switched it on the Keyboard.

Thank you so much for your input and help, I really appreciate it very much.

Dan

Answers

• Composerdan

Update: I just noticed that when I pick Spit Fire Audio and go into it, it works fine, but then when I go back down to where I would pick something else like Kontact, I notice that it also put a - sign in front of Spit Fire, yet that bank of sounds seems to be working fine so now I'm not sure what the - sign is for. Again, any help would be really appreciated.

Dan

• Composerdan

Also, I'm using a Launchkey controller keyboard with a Focusrite interface. Of course, this has been working fine for me for several months now so I don't understand what could be wrong.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Composerdan Could you post screenshots of that minus and where it shows exactly ?

Could it be that you accidentally changed the MIDI channel of your controller / keyboard ?

Maybe this article will help: Configuring your MIDI Keyboard / Controller in KONTAKT

• Composerdan
    Answer ✓

Jeremy, thanks so much for the response. I watched a Youtube video on this issue and that was the same thing they were talking about but in reverse. They were saying how to adjust the midi channel in the plugin and when I did that I noticed that when I put it to Omni I could hear the sounds. Now that you have commented about the controller being switched, that makes sense to me that I must have accidentally switched it on the Keyboard.

Thank you so much for your input and help, I really appreciate it very much.

Dan