When I change cue points of track in playlist, it changes it in other playlists

danmadams
danmadams Member Posts: 9 Member
edited February 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

How do I stop this!?!

also when I go into my iTunes folder on tracktor and load up track it has pre-existing cue points. Should it do that?

Many thanks

dan

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
    Answer ✓

This is intended behaviour.

iTunes and Traktor are using the same file (tracks). You only have one main music folder that both applications are using. Your iTunes music folder is what Traktor uses.

Both applications can read certain shared tags. When you place a hot cue/marker on a track in Traktor it is saved in the file metadata. iTunes won't see the hot cues but they are there.

It works like this so that if you move your music to another computer, all the work you have done to tag the files goes with the music.

When you load a track from iTunes you are still loading the same file that you can alternatively load from the Traktor collection so you will load the metadata that is stored with the track.

As @Kaiwan_NI says, when Traktor analyses a file it places a beat grid. This can be turned off in Preferences / Analyse Options / BPM Detection (uncheck).

You can also turn of Analyse when adding new music to the collection or a deck in Preferences / File Management.

I think the solution to having track specific hot cues it to name the hot cues.

Hope that helps.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert

You may want to post the actual software you are using. I assume Traktor but would be better to not have to assume.

• danmadams

It’s Traktor

• danmadams

any help would be much appreciated. Not sure if it’s some kind of mapping issues. Being going round in circles trying to figure it out. Thks

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert

I'm not a Traktor user at all, question may have more impact if it was posted in the Tractor forum, not Tech Talk forum. Maybe a mod can move it for you.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin

Hey @danmadams cue points are stored in a track and are not playlist-specific. If you want to have different versions of cue points, you probably need to duplicate a track and save each in a different name for each version.

As for

when I go into my iTunes folder on tracktor and load up track it has pre-existing cue points. Should it do that?

I'm guessing you're referring to Traktor's Analyze function? When importing, Traktor analyzes audio files and automatically add beatgrids/beatmarkers/hotcues etc. You can turn this off in the Analyze options.

Maybe @Ryan_NI can pitch in as well 😀

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
    Answer ✓

This is intended behaviour.

iTunes and Traktor are using the same file (tracks). You only have one main music folder that both applications are using. Your iTunes music folder is what Traktor uses.

Both applications can read certain shared tags. When you place a hot cue/marker on a track in Traktor it is saved in the file metadata. iTunes won't see the hot cues but they are there.

It works like this so that if you move your music to another computer, all the work you have done to tag the files goes with the music.

When you load a track from iTunes you are still loading the same file that you can alternatively load from the Traktor collection so you will load the metadata that is stored with the track.

As @Kaiwan_NI says, when Traktor analyses a file it places a beat grid. This can be turned off in Preferences / Analyse Options / BPM Detection (uncheck).

You can also turn of Analyse when adding new music to the collection or a deck in Preferences / File Management.

I think the solution to having track specific hot cues it to name the hot cues.

Hope that helps.

• Ryan_NI
    Ryan_NI Customer Care Posts: 191 mod

sorry for the late reply, @Karlos Santos and @Kaiwan_NI have given everything I would have to say at this point already :) shout out to both of you <3

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    edited February 2022

The op double posted this one got moved from tech talks. This was in the Traktor area When I change cue points of track in a Traktor playlist,it changes it in other playlists!!!

Probably could merge the 2 posts?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,562 admin

It's not possible to merge so I'm closing this one instead. Thanks for the heads up.

This discussion has been closed.