Where did the quickload (aka quick-load) go?

stans
stans Member Posts: 15 Member

After installing Komplete 14 including Kontakt 7, my long hours of getting my quick-load setup just as I like it disappeared. Not only is it empty in Kontakt 7 (not that surprising), it's now gone from Kontakt 6. Literally, the Library/App Supp/NI/Kontakt/QuickLoad is completely removed.

Obviously, I had a backup, but putting it back in place did nothing. Previously, when I restored this folder, it would appear the next time I ran Kontakt 6, but now, nothing appears.

Ideally, I'd also like to see or import this hard-earned QuickLoad list into Kontakt 7, but at the moment I can't find a way to do that.

I'm on Mac/Catalina in case that matters.

Best Answer

• stans
    Answer โœ“

So glad for you. I guess my experience was a one-time failure of the installer. I checked my backups and the K6 (they are actually the "Kontakt" with no version number) QuickLoad was there about 2 hours before I started the Komplete 14 installations. After they completed, the QL folder was completely gone.

Anyway, we should close this thread. Obviously, no one else is experiencing this error. I can only tell you that it verifiably happened to me.

ยซ1

Answers

• Russellmus
    Russellmus Member Posts: 53 Helper

Someone else mentioned the same problem. I've only installed Kontakt 7 Player, and my Kontakt 6 quickloads are all intact. Looking in Finder I have seperate quickload folders in the Kontakt and Kontakt 7 folders respectively, so it's odd that installing Kontakt 7 is removing the Kontakt 6 folder for people.

Just to confirm, are you restoring it in the hidden Library/App Support or the default HD Library/App Support? The quick load files are in the hidden Library for me.

• kurzwave
    kurzwave Member Posts: 1 Member

QuickLoad works for me in Kontakt 7 (copied from Kontakt 6) but I'm on Win 10

• dougieb
    dougieb Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2022

On Mac, the Kontakt 7 quick load folder is located in: "Mac HD/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Kontakt 7/QuickLoad"

Your old QuickLoad folder will be under the Kontakt folder.

You will need to copy the Quickload items from the Kontakt folder into the new Kontakt 7/Quickload folder.

One problem I've had is that this massively slows down the responsiveness of the Load/Save dropdown. Also, if all of my QuickLoad items are in the new folder, K7 crashes.

On a side note, I'm kind of annoyed that its named Kontakt 7 rather than just Kontakt. Seems like that is going to break a lot - especially after batch saving in K7.

• stans

Thanks for responding! Mine are also in the special or "hidden" Library folder. I have an alias for it on my desktop. After installing K7 and clicking on the alias, it reported that the original was gone. Sure enough, it had been removed.

Fortunately, I had added to it and performed a backup the day before that, so I restored it. However, this removal is still very disconcerting to me. I was able to add to the QuickLoad in both K6 and K7 yesterday. I checked the folders under Application Support/Native Instruments/ and they were added there as well.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Each version of Kontakt has its own Quick-Load folder, so K7 comes with an empty one. It also doesn't delete Kontakt 6's Quick-Load folder (nor any previous version's).

• stans

My Kontakt (without a number which was for version 6) had the QuickLoad removed during the Komplete 14 install. I guarantee it.

• stans

Yup. I know all of this and have worked with it in version 6 extensively. Thus, my consternation when it was removed.

• stans

And I agree that the "7" is annoying along with all of its bloated pains.

• stuka82
    stuka82 Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022

FWIW -

I'm currently on Windows 10 ~

I just copied the contents of my Kontakt 6 Quickload folder:

(C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt\QuickLoad)

to my Kontakt 7 QuickLoad folder:

(C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt 7\QuickLoad)

...and everything seems to be working fine.๐Ÿ˜Ž

Kontakt 6 and Kontakt 7 were both installed using Native Access defaults.

Not noticing any load-time or other issues.

• stans

Yes, that's what I did on the Mac as well (different location, of course). It works, but is just annoying that I had to restore the K6 quickload contents after the installation of Komplete 14.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

I have just done a from-scratch K7 install and no K6 folders were ever touched during that procedure.

• stans
    Answer โœ“

So glad for you. I guess my experience was a one-time failure of the installer. I checked my backups and the K6 (they are actually the "Kontakt" with no version number) QuickLoad was there about 2 hours before I started the Komplete 14 installations. After they completed, the QL folder was completely gone.

Anyway, we should close this thread. Obviously, no one else is experiencing this error. I can only tell you that it verifiably happened to me.

• Ant G.
    Ant G. Member Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2023

A bit late to the party here, after agreeing to install the free Kontakt 7 player with a paid version of Kontakt 6 in place (W10), no Quick load folders were copied to the new location (how hard would this have been to incorporate a copy command within the K7 installer?).

Rebuilding / relocating from the K6 Quick Load folder.

• stans

Yeah, I definitely had to copy/rebuild mine as well. Also noticed that some aliases (that what they are on the Mac anyway) in the QuickLoad had become corrupt, so I've been incrementally fixing those as well.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

There's really no point in adding the old KFL to Kontakt 7 because 90% of the sample sets for KFL 1 and 2 would most likely be duplicates, with the exception of the Orchestral Tools Library which is touted to be something new.

My guess is Band, Synth, Vintage, Choir are almost identical with a new performance view and a few new additions like the 606 drum machine.