Komplete Audio 6 Mono inputs?

Im trying to record gameplay using my NI Komplete Audio 6 Mk 2 as my microphone input for discord and the gameplay recording. I am not using voicemeeter or a DAW to record my microphone and would like to keep it that way. My microphone on the recordings is only cominf through the left channel and I can't find a way to make my windows input change from 2 channel to 1 channel to fix this problem. Please help?

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod
    Answer ✓

Yeah that´s really an old and well known problem, as i found out today. I can only recommend OBS, it´s absolutely great, and it can handle mono signals properly, and you can use vst plugins on your voice to make it sound much much better, like compression and eq.

Answers

• Uwe303

Hello,

it is in german but i guess you get the idea, under format you set it to 1 channel 24\44100 or whatever you like, then in discord you have to set default as input device, then it should work.

• RubyKaster
    RubyKaster Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

I dont have the 1 channel option for my NI interface like you do for your Focusrite interface. Are NI interfaces just this bad?

• Uwe303

That has nothing to do with the interface being bad, i tried on my win 10 laptop and it is the same with my roland or focusrite interface, like on your picture the option is not there, under win 10. How exactly do you record your videos, have you tried OBS?

• RubyKaster
    RubyKaster Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Im using shadowplay to record instant replays to clip moments and shadowplay doesnt have an option to mix my mic down to mono

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Yeah that´s really an old and well known problem, as i found out today. I can only recommend OBS, it´s absolutely great, and it can handle mono signals properly, and you can use vst plugins on your voice to make it sound much much better, like compression and eq.