Updates for Monterey OS 12

rpacker
rpacker Member Posts: 12 Member
edited September 2022 in Komplete General

It's my understanding that with Komplete 14, apps that are not currently supported with Monterey will be updated, even if you don't upgrade to 14. (I am currently on Komplete 12.) I have checked Native Access and I am not seeing any new updates to Reaktor, etc. If and when can we expect them?

Tagged:

Answers

• Ronny Bangsund
    Ronny Bangsund Member Posts: 71 Helper

Everything from 12 that is in 14 is scheduled for porting to M1 and on, and most plugins are already Monterey-ready via Rosetta. Not ideal, but at least they are doing the work. There's a post here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014683497-Apple-Silicon-M1-M2-Compatibility-News

All the effects have been ported to the latest architecture, and I can confirm that they at least load/show up in native mode on M1 Max. When Reaktor is updated, everything that relies on it follows too.

• rpacker

The main plugin that I use that is not on the supported list is Reaktor. I am a little confused because K14 advertises compatibility with OS 12 / Monterey, so does this not include Reaktor?

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

You can check the list of products compatible with Monterey on this page:

macOS 12 (Monterey) Compatibility Statement

Reaktor compatibility with Monterey and Silicon will be achieved in early 2023. Check out our timeline below:

• rpacker

Thanks for the response. I am just concerned with Reaktor's Monterey compatibility with OS 12 on an Intel machine. Is it supported? It's not on the list. Does K14 change this?

• Ronny Bangsund
    Ronny Bangsund Member Posts: 71 Helper

Compatibility in this context means it's a fully well-behaved Monterey-friendly app. Native is the keyword still missing. A compatible app runs in Rosetta 2, and sometimes they even run well. It's a fairly low bar, I know :)

And boy, do I miss a native Reaktor plugin. Running a DAW in Rosetta mode tastes like defeat.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,316 mod

@rpacker Reaktor 6 is not officially supported on Monterey. It doesn't mean it will not work, it only means that we didn't test it yet. Users have been able to use Reaktor 6 successfully on their Monterey systems.

• rpacker

Thanks Jeremy,

It's hard to believe that Reaktor is not yet fully supported nor native on Monterey, given the huge user base and that's its been a year since Monterey came out (there is already yet a new Mac OS about to launch!).

Yes, I am using Reaktor on Monterey (Intel) but given the precariousness of all live performance, it's just one more reason to worry! ;)

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,316 mod

@rpacker I hear you. There should be a Reaktor 6 update in the coming months bringing Apple Silicon compatibility, Monterey support (and probably Mac OS 13 too).