Playbox not in Komplete 14 Standard

christomurr
christomurr Member Posts: 19 Member

I just upgraded my Komplete Standard to 14 today ... but I don't see Playbox in there. It looked to me from the website that that was included (I really bought the upgrade for that). Am I mistaken?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

Playbox is part of Komplete 14. If you owned it before and had it installed already it will not show as a new product to install in Native Access.

Answers

• christomurr

So, I had a monthly subscription to Komplete Now just so I could have Playbox. So, maybe the new update to Komplete 14 sees that. I cancelled my subscription and will see what happens once I fully install Komplete 14.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

Playbox is part of Komplete 14. If you owned it before and had it installed already it will not show as a new product to install in Native Access.

• pnutbutta
    pnutbutta Member Posts: 4 Member

I noticed that too. When I login and go to either standard or ultimate to compare my 13 ultimate, to show "What's new for me", playbox is not listed. But it listed as included by default. Is this a website error with this new "What's new for me" feature?

• Jeremy_NI

@pnutbutta that could be a problem with the What's new for me feature, yes.

• Truth42
    Truth42 Member Posts: 13 Member

I wouldn't worry about Playbox if I were you. It's pretty, true. But pretty useless for doing anything constructive with.

• christomurr
    edited September 2022

I cancelled the subscription I was paying and the update corrected for Playbox, so now I do own that as well.

Have to disagree with Truth42. Between the built-in samples and the ability to add my own, I find Playbox a really amazing source of possibilities. It's just another way to approach creativity. I think some of the things I've done with it are really beautiful ;-).

• Truth42
    Truth42 Member Posts: 13 Member

Perhaps it's me then. I just don't like the fact that you can't use the library in true keyboard mode. The samples would actually be useful then. And I don't like the fact that if when you drag the midi chords into your DAW it squeezes them into one bar irrespective of time signature.

I'd love Playbox to be useful. I really would. I was excited enough to buy it on the day of release but never used it productively.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Can confirm a few inconsistencies have been reported with this section of the website, but so far a few isolated case. Under investigation...