Only getting the dry guitar signal in Guitar Rig Pro 6

Karlws
Karlws Member Posts: 12 Member
edited September 2022 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi I am new to Guitar Rig 6 Pro and have set up as per the instructions (well I think I have)

My issue is that as I use the package, with the amp, delay, reverb etc I am only getting the original input sound without the effects.

I am using Guitar Rig as a standalone,

The PC software is Windows 11, audio interface is Steinberg UR22Mk2, with mix set to DAW, and the output is via monitor speakers

In Guitar Rig I can see my input and output levels working and hear the sound without the effects. Any help would be most welcome

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Karlws Maybe this guide will help:

When you describe this: "audio interface is Steinberg UR22Mk2, with mix set to DAW, and the output is via monitor speakers" it's a bit confusing, you have to select the same device for input and output. If the video didn't help, can you post screenshots of your audio settings in Guitar Rig ?

• Karlws

I think my sound is going straight from my interface to my monitor speakers and bypassing the Guitar Rig Program.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

Where is your guitar connected ? Input 1 or Input 2 ?

To be clear, The Yamaha soundcard is connected to the monitor speakers. Do you have a program for routing the audio on your soundcard, if there is a direct monitoring option? That would explain why you get the dry signal, meaning not going through Guitar Rig.

• Karlws

Thank you very much for your help. Your advice worked ☺️