Can I use Komplete Kontrol A61 with Maschine 2?

Gwynnedd
Gwynnedd Member Posts: 14 Member

I bought the Komplete 13 Collectors Edition and the Komplete Kontrol A61 keyboard some months ago. I've been unable to really do much with it until recently, but have been extremely frustrated trying to record sounds. I've watched countless videos, but no one has the keyboard or programs I'm using, and I've tried contacting NI for help, but never got a reply. Does anyone know whether this keyboard works with Maschine2 (which came with the Collectors Edition)? For almost $2k, this isn't quite delivering what I paid for, to say the least.

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

the KK A series has good integration with the Maschine Software and should work just fine… if you can elaborate on the issues you are having with “Programs” you are using, someone may be able to help!!!

There is a Cheat sheet available on the Downloads page of the A61 Product page that outlines different DAWs that have KK integration ( including Maschine)

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Well with Maschine, right out of the box, the A61 should control Transport (Play/Stop/record), you should be able to browse and load sounds, obviously the Keyboard can be used to play the instruments, basically everything listed on the Cheat sheet I mentioned (page 3)

KOMPLETE_KONTROL_A-Series_DAW_Shortcut_Sheet_1218.pdf (native-instruments.com)

• Gwynnedd
    Answer ✓

Thank you!! I was able to figure it out at long last. Thank you for all your help!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

the KK A series has good integration with the Maschine Software and should work just fine… if you can elaborate on the issues you are having with “Programs” you are using, someone may be able to help!!!

There is a Cheat sheet available on the Downloads page of the A61 Product page that outlines different DAWs that have KK integration ( including Maschine)

• Gwynnedd

Thank you! I've been searching the manual and have found some instructions, however when I follow the instructions for the integration, it doesn't seem to do anything? I'm not sure what I'm missing. Are there any video tutorials you'd recommend?

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Well with Maschine, right out of the box, the A61 should control Transport (Play/Stop/record), you should be able to browse and load sounds, obviously the Keyboard can be used to play the instruments, basically everything listed on the Cheat sheet I mentioned (page 3)

KOMPLETE_KONTROL_A-Series_DAW_Shortcut_Sheet_1218.pdf (native-instruments.com)

• Gwynnedd
    Answer ✓

Thank you!! I was able to figure it out at long last. Thank you for all your help!