Native Access 2 bug

Options
aidenstunes
aidenstunes Member Posts: 165 Advisor
edited July 2022 in Native Access

After pressing "Install all", Native access 2 had started to gradually act weird. The queue says X number of products are left to install, but the list present a different number. Some products are not even in the queue, but on other pages it is written "downloading." There is an overlapping reaction in the queue page too. Once a product finishes downloading, the one under it changes its name and its thumbnail photo to another product, and the other one disappears from the list.

Is it a known bug? Have anyone faced it already?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• CRS
    CRS Member Posts: 19 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Native accès can't install everything all at once. It has a limit based on your computer's processing power. Once it peaks you will notice some products not installing until others are complete. Wait for 1 for 2 products to finish installing and you'll notice another one take its place and begin installing automatically. Make a coffee and watch a couple episodes of your fav show. I feel you. Just have patience.

Answers

• CRS
    CRS Member Posts: 19 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Native accès can't install everything all at once. It has a limit based on your computer's processing power. Once it peaks you will notice some products not installing until others are complete. Wait for 1 for 2 products to finish installing and you'll notice another one take its place and begin installing automatically. Make a coffee and watch a couple episodes of your fav show. I feel you. Just have patience.

• RumbleMonk
    RumbleMonk Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

This answer doesn't explain why some products are not in the queue, but on other pages it says "downloading."

I am seeing this exact thing right now, the queue says '2 items' but when expanding the list it doesn't show anything at all. Kontakt 7 says it is downloading on the applications page, but is not listed.

When I add another item to be installed that item gets picked up right away, which to me says Kontakt 7 is not at all installing.

I restarted Native Access, Kontakt7 was now available once again as an 'install' and seems to now have worked.

Easy fix I guess but still a bug to me. :/

• Ronny Bangsund
    Ronny Bangsund Member Posts: 71 Helper
    Options

I just went shopping while letting it do the fifth try at downloading+installing. When I returned, 7 products were missing and one download was sitting around uninstalled. The queue was failing on the last item. Since this is on a monstrous system, I don't think the computer's processing power is the problem ;)

NA2 is just buggy. It's taken to asking for a system password on every restart, so it might be better to use NA1.

• aidenstunes
    Options

NA 2 is buggy, yet 1 doesn't seem to perform any better now that the server is overloaded. Were you at least able to easily fix the mess when you got back home?

Some other users have reported about networking errors, it could indeed be the servers, but the queue is buggy for sure, I wonder why they didn't fix this one yet.

• Ronny Bangsund
    Options

Yeah, I've only got the largest two Kontakt libraries left now. On my sixth restart (that's 7 attempts) with 2.6.2 :P

• Ronny Bangsund
    Options

That's on macOS. I got Native Access 2 v2.6.2 first time I launched it after I read that Komplete 14 was unlocked. Mere hours before I only had 2.6.0.

• aidenstunes
    Options

Oh. Windows' version is 2.6.1 and it causes so much trouble. At least you are able to enjoy Komplete 14. Have fun my friend!