Mashine not seen as a Instrument track in Cubase 11 Pro.

ShriiDEV
ShriiDEV Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have Cubase 11 Pro. Recently purchased the Maschine Mikro. However when I add an instrument track in Cubase Kontact/Super 8/ Massive, but not Maschine. I can open Maschine as a standalone with its Maschine application. HOW TO OPEN MASCHINE IN CUBASE AS A INSTRUMENT?

Best Answers

• ShriiDEV
    Answer ✓

Thank you all for the quick replies.

What I did is... I copied and pasted a Maschin dll file from its application folder from C drive to my VST plugins folder and now I see Maschin as a VST track

Ill share the screen shot when I have

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Just remember, when the next Maschine update comes out, it will be installed to the C drive location that you copied from. You will need to copy it again, or my suggestion would be to change the 64 bit install location in Native Access to where you want the VST to live and then uninstall and reinstall the Maschine 2 software (no need to reinstall the library). That will prevent Version Mismatches (between Standalone and Plugin) from causing issues down the road!!!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    edited January 2022

Maschine is currently only VST2, all the others you mentioned have VST3 versions. Not familiar with how Cubase classifies/Displays plugins, but check for a VST2 version…

also check the plugin manager to make sure the path to the Maschine VST is being scanned.

• Howl
    Howl Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2022

on windows, the standard plugin directory for NI plugins is; program files/Native Instruments/VstPlugins 64 Bit

add this path to the VST(2) paths in the plugin manager.

it is normal that VST2 plugins are (if you used standard) are in several directories, Native Instruments makes it's own directory, next to 3 others that are 'common'.

EDIT: on windows VST3 plugins are always in the same directory, VST2 plugins not...

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

@ShriiDEV wrote:

HOW TO OPEN MASCHINE IN CUBASE AS A INSTRUMENT?

I think you can’t, because it is a multi-timbral instrument.

What works for me is:

• Add Maschine as a rack (not track) instrument to the VSTi Rack
    • Add a MIDI track for each Group in Maschine and set the MIDI channel for the track and Group to match

Oh, and there’s a in-depth guide complied by @D-One in this thread:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/75/guide-cubase-maschine-midi-routing-integration

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited January 2022

Being VST2 shouldn't be a problem, it's listed for me anyway:

Open StudioVST Plugin Manager and re-scan, then check if Maschine is Blacklisted by Cubase for some reason, if it is use the Reactivate button. If that doesn't work check your plugin folder for duplicates and try reinstalling Maschine.

• ShriiDEV
    Answer ✓

Thank you all for the quick replies.

What I did is... I copied and pasted a Maschin dll file from its application folder from C drive to my VST plugins folder and now I see Maschin as a VST track

Ill share the screen shot when I have

• Blindeddie
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

Just remember, when the next Maschine update comes out, it will be installed to the C drive location that you copied from. You will need to copy it again, or my suggestion would be to change the 64 bit install location in Native Access to where you want the VST to live and then uninstall and reinstall the Maschine 2 software (no need to reinstall the library). That will prevent Version Mismatches (between Standalone and Plugin) from causing issues down the road!!!