Massive X - presets blank or not correct next time I open project

davidbryen
davidbryen Member Posts: 14 Member
edited August 2022 in Massive X & Synths

I've been having this issue. I am sharing a project with another composer. When I get his project and open it, the Massive X preset is sometimes blank, or it's correct but plays back wrong and sounds terrible. If it's correct but sounds wrong, I can change the preset and then return it to the correct one, which fixes the problem. Sometimes the preset is just blank and I need to call the other composer and ask what setting he used. It is very frustrating and I wonder if others are having this issue.

This problem was even worse when I was using Komplete Kontrol, so I just stopped using that.

Any suggestions? I make sure all the plug-ins are up to date.

Tagged:

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

@davidbryen What is your operating system and what DAW are you using? Does the other person have the same? Does this happen only on this one project or any project with a Massive X preset you exchange? Was there a change of sample frequency between the projects?

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Hey @davidbryen, let us know in case you have any news on this 🙏

• davidbryen

Thanks for the help.

Mac os 12.4. Logic 10.7.2. both of us have the same os and logic version. This seems to be a sporadic issue, not one song in particular, random. No change to sample frequency.

I gave up using KK because with KK it happened every time, blank presets when opening on the other computer.

I love NI and have been a customer almost from the beginning.

db

• Jeremy_NI

@davidbryen Thanks for the precisions. Do Logic have both Full DIsk Access ? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Does this happen both ways ? Does the other composer have the same issues sometimes, or does it only happen to you ? Is there a difference between the computers ? Is one a M1 and not the other ?

• davidbryen

Jeremy_NI thanks for your help. I never heard of this Full Disk Access setting. I will try it out.

both computers are the same and both computers have the same issue, not M1s.

I would love to start using KK again, I hope this fixes it.

db

• merges
    merges Member Posts: 4 Member

I also experience a similar problem on a regular basis with Massive X 1.4.0 in Ableton Live 11.2.5. Duplicating tracks so that there are multiple instances of Massive X, re-ordering tracks, force-quitting, sometimes just saving and re-opening tracks, and other unknown conditions, cause the patch to change or reset. The most common issue I have is that the same patch is loaded, but the Macros change.

• Jeremy_NI

@merges Issue submitted by the OP implied using 2 setups and sharing Massive X presets. If you wish to submit a bug report, please get in touch with our support and provide them with a step by step guide to reproduce the issue as well as the result of our support tool: https://bit.ly/NISupport_Synth

• merges
    merges Member Posts: 4 Member

I submitted a request/report regarding crashes. Unfortunately I cannot always reproduce the preset loading issue, but it happens often enough to make Massive X unusable.