Kontakt Database on clean install

chkomposer
chkomposer Member Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2022 in Kontakt

I'm trying to update my database on a clean install. I'm noticing that its not working if I just add a hard drive to the database and scan or update. It adds some instruments/multis. But not all. I need to add folders within the hard drive. Anyone else noticing this? Definitely used to work by just adding hard drives and scanning. Adding individual folders seems to work, but it takes a lot longer.

Kontakt 6.7.1

macOS 12.3.1

Mac Studio

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,579 admin

Hi @chkomposer are all your libraries recognised and listed correctly within Native Access? 

• chkomposer
    chkomposer Member Posts: 3 Member

Thank you for the response and sorry I'm just seeing it now.

Yes. All libraries that are "Kontakt Player" libraries and have a serial number are in Native Access. But keep in mind, many are third party libraries that you don't need to activate in Native Access. (For example libraries from 8Dio.) The solution/workaround is simple. Just load individual library folders. It seems to work even if I have a bunch of libraries in one folder. For example, a bunch of 8Dio libraries in an "8Dio" Folder. But where I used to be able to just add an entire hard drive to the scan list, and it would find all the libraries on that hard drive. It no longer does this. To be sure that everything is found, I need to add folders that are on the volume. It will then find everything and add them to the database.

• JeffT
    JeffT Member Posts: 6 Member

I'm having the same issue, not sure when it started, but I went to look for an instrument in my database and noticed that only a small fraction of my instrument files were showing up. I did an update and rescan, no difference. I then selected all the individual folders from one drive rather than the drives themselves, and that appeared to do it, everything showed up. Everything seems fine in Native Access. I'm also in Kontakt 6.7.1, and Monterey 12.6.