NA wants to make changes

Kaldosh
Kaldosh Member Posts: 327 Advisor
edited September 2022 in Native Access

Hello;

Does anyone know why every single time NA starts I get this dialog box ?

Startup is very slow because of this and it asks at every startup.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,635 mod
    Answer ✓

Little update, our support agents were not able to fix this. It's still an ongoing bug in Native access 2. Hopefully it gets fixed in a future update. @Kaldosh Sorry we could not be more helpful!

Answers

• Kaldosh

Also I always have twice NIHostintegrationAgent in the user & groups startup menu. Even if I delete it it commes back though they both point at the same file. maybe related to my issue with NA ? any help appreciated

Thanks

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

Only NI programmers would know if more instances of NIHost..... is OK or not.... It is not uncommon that programs run in more instances and it may be just fine. Sometimes it is on contrary not desirable, but in that case programmers have to do the job and allow to run just one instantion of program.

For example Maschine and Traktor run only in one instance even if user tries to run more instances concurently. At least on Win it is like that.

-----

I am not on Mac, but on Win NA requires administrator rights and system also always asks for permission, but does not require password. (Maybe it is possible to to set it not to ask on Win, but it does not bother me to that extent, I would seek how to acomplish it.)

• Jeremy_NI
    edited September 2022

Hey @Kaldosh We're investigating this issue at the moment. Unfortunately we do not have a solution at this point in time. Hopefully I get more information later this week.

• Kaldosh

Thanks @Jeremy_NI , was just a quick question as I have this since the first beta release.

Thanks I 'll keep myself updated 👍️

• Kaldosh

Thanks @Kubrak . In my case, there is not 2 instances running of a program, but twice the same programm added to my startup program's list as they point to the same file. like NA is asking to my computer to do the same thing twice with the same fil. Wethere I remove 1 or both they will both come back up. not the end of the world and my remark is only here to outline it as it doesn't seem normal. Last Maschine update was not good for me and messed up a lot of things and I had to roll back and forth and back, also had but with host and hardware intergration agent with NA 2.04 update those focused mainly on M1 updates but where not noce for intel. I am always happy to let the devs do their jobs but I also have to do mine 😉

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

OK, maybe NI needs to run two instances of NIHost..., or if it is programmed as singleton, only one instance will run even thought it is twice in startup.

One may be for something that runs via Rosetta, the other for AS native purposes, or who knows.....

• Kaldosh

i double checked there is 2 entries but only one program. Started twice . As we say here better twice than none I guess

• Jeremy_NI

@Kaldosh I have the feeling there might be a separate issue in your case. If that still happens, let me know and I'll contact you by email so my colleagues can get a deeper look.

• Kaldosh
    edited October 2022

@Jeremy_NI I actually did 30 mins ago and still the same. I am on 2.6.2 It always did that since the Beta testing though I properly uninstalled everything before installing NA2 .

+ today I had some Libraries to relocate for some reason

• Jeremy_NI

@Kaldosh I contacted you by email, my colleagues will look into that.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Little update, our support agents were not able to fix this. It's still an ongoing bug in Native access 2. Hopefully it gets fixed in a future update. @Kaldosh Sorry we could not be more helpful!

• Kaldosh

No problem !!

• Frecar
    Frecar Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2022

Hi

I have the same issue.

Is there something I can do?

Mac Monterey 12.6 intel.

/Fredric

• Jeremy_NI

@Frecar It seems that this bug is still present. Feel free to contact my colleagues here if needed: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,725 mod

I don't think this is a bug? All installers ask this as they need to make changes on Mac systems - as NA is basically an aggregated installer app it needs to ask once at startup to do it for all products it is installing which is better than asking for each product if you installed them separately. afaik all similar install managers do this.