Any "rumors" of a new touch-screen Kontrol keyboard...?

G.B.
G.B. Member Posts: 73 Helper

Any "rumors" of a new touch-screen Kontrol keyboard...?

The S series keyboards are quite a few years old now.

Comments

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru

Would be cool if the "brains" were NOT part of a future KK keyboard... and the onboard touchscreen display is just a portal to a "smart" device... much like a wireless Apple CarPlay situation relationship.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

No rumours or info on any new keyboards being released. I'd be kind of miffed if one did release especially since SFA has been done with the software side. Not sure touch screens would offer anything beneficial at the moment TBH. What really would be nice would be like suggested, have an onboard processor and have actual arp and sequencing on-board that you could draw basic arp patterns and chords using the screens. I am sure others want full onboard instruments etc like a Maschine+ which may be fine for live use, but studio I would see little benefit to all that especially since you would be looking at another $1k+ in cost.

• Allang123
    Allang123 Member Posts: 8 Member

I would love to upgrade from S49 to S61 keyboard. Especially for more control over VST instruments that have articulations low on the left but you need higher notes on the right! BUT the line is a few years old now so I suspect a new keyboard soon? NI show me the way! Do you have a new keyboard in the works?? Just tell me to wait with a winky face thenI will know. Please give an “unofficial” response.

Allan

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 51 Member

The only "change" will be a "FX Komplete" : just the screen with 16 encoders......

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 210 Advisor

Id like something like a maschine+ to load my own custom samples without daw or pc.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

@JesterMgee said

What really would be nice would be like suggested, have an onboard processor and have actual arp and sequencing on-board that you could draw basic arp patterns and chords using the screens.

That would be nice. Currently, the hi-res screens are so underutilized that I can't even imagine NI developing anything truly useful with touch... To me this was the biggest gripe with the KKS MK2's.