I'd like to only use VST's on my Mac so I can work properly cross device. Any suggestions?

ojagbemi
ojagbemi Member Posts: 4 Member

I know I need to somehow get ableton to ignore AU.

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    Answer ✓

I just disable it in Live's preferences and also delete AU's so they don't take space on the HD, I do the same for AAX.

A small tip to make things less annoying is having a finder shortcut for your plugin folder + a shortcut for Pro Tols plugs.

Answers

• eandrew
    eandrew Member Posts: 14 Member

So then only download VST's and no AU files. Honestly not sure if there is more to your question but it's really that simple. (not being sarcastic)

• ojagbemi

So this is the issue I ran into. When I uninstalled the plugin I didn't see the option to select just VSTs

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Do you mean installed? Some manufacturers offer less control than others. You could go and delete later or just forget about it as they are generally tiny. Have you asked an Ableton forum?

• Ronny Bangsund
    Ronny Bangsund Member Posts: 71 Helper

Live 11 has a "Use Audio Units" toggle under Plug-Ins in its preferences. It also has toggles for VST2 and VST3 so you can choose which ones you like. Handy if you want slightly faster startup and all plug-ins exist in your preferred format.

• D-One
    Answer ✓

I just disable it in Live's preferences and also delete AU's so they don't take space on the HD, I do the same for AAX.

A small tip to make things less annoying is having a finder shortcut for your plugin folder + a shortcut for Pro Tols plugs.

• ojagbemi

Hello thanks for the help everyone. I now have the issue where everything else is showing apart from komplete control despite the VST being in the same folder as other.

• D-One
    edited September 2022

Make sure you're using Ableton via Rosetta 2. KK is not natively compatible with Apple Silicon yet.

If you're already doing the above then try to delete the VST, reinstall KK, then do a full scan in Ableton.