Maschine+ audio over usb

TomBa
TomBa Member Posts: 6 Member

Hey community, I'm considering to buy a Maschine+ and I’m interested if it can send the master audio over usb like the Elektron Model Cycles or the Roland MC101. I’ve searched a lot in this forum but I only found the discussion about multiple outs over usb. It would be great if anyone of you could help me out…

Tagged:

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru

USB communication only works when the M+ is in controller mode, so it can be used as an audio interface for the computer.

When it's in standalone mode, USB to/from the computer is not active.

• TomBa
    edited September 2022

Hmmmm….That would be a bummer. I record everything over usb into AUM on my IPad.

• PK The DJ

Can you explain in more detail about how you work? When you say you record "everything" is that just the Elektron and Roland? What happens once the audio is on the iPad?

Do you not have a computer or an audio interface of any kind?

• TomBa
    edited September 2022

I don’t use a computer or an audio interface. I record straight out of the box via usb into AUM. Afterwards I use Grand Finale for mastering. I find it super comfortable not using a computer. It would be great if this were also possible with the Maschine+. Or live recording on the sd card like the bluebox from 1010music.

• PK The DJ
    edited September 2022

With the Maschine+ you could do your recording and mastering without involving the iPad.

The whole idea of the device is that it's self contained.

Anything you create on the Maschine+ can be saved to a stereo master. You can record your Elektron and Roland directly into the Maschine+ USB A ports too (assuming they're class compliant) rather than the iPad.

• TomBa

Ah okay. Does this also include the performance with lock states? Can they also be saved to the stereo master?

• PK The DJ

The stereo master is just an audio file. System specific things would only be saved to the Maschine project/group.

• TomBa

But will a live performance of those lock states recorded in the stereo master audio file?

• PK The DJ

You could record your live performance to a spare pad as a sample, then edit/save.

• TomBa

Ok. I think there are many ways to get it done. You helped me a lot.👍🏼 Thx man😉 Now I only have to get this box soon.

• Cretin Dilettante
    Cretin Dilettante Member Posts: 120 Advisor

This is a rather poop workaround, though, is it not? NI should just implement arrangement automation and allow us to record lock states. Audio over USB would be a welcome addition, too. Actually, it would be pretty neat if all of these synth companies would shake hands and settle upon some sort of overbridge-like standard that allows standalone synths, grooveboxes, and multi-track recorders to communicate with one another. Imagine if you could record multitrack audio from the Maschine+ to something like on of the new Zoom R20 via USB.

• PK The DJ

The thing is, the poster is working with limited resources - by choice apparently, so certain things are not possible, whereas they would be if other additional equipment was involved.