M+ Feature Request: Tag System

nxtseq
nxtseq Member Posts: 18 Member

Hi, I have a feature request for standalone Maschine+.

A big issue for me on the M+ is not having the possibility to store projects or sounds with tags applied. The tag system in Maschine is so powerful I think this would solve a lot of problems!

For example, if I have a list of 100 projects, it becomes a pain every time trying to find a specific project when all projects are presented in just ONE list. This also applies to saved sounds or groups, etc. also.

Or say I’ve just made/sampled a snare drum and want to save it as a sound. The problem is, all the samples are listed together with the rest of my drums and the list becomes cluttered very quick!

I think there should be a way to apply a tag when you save projects, samples, groups, etc. and the possibility to edit this tag later!

(And yes of course this feature would be fantastic on the Maschine desktop software as well.)

Nic

Comments

• KIRI
    KIRI Member Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 2022

while we wait for NI to add this feature to the hardware (or not ....) you might find Maschine auto-tagger useful - don't think it handles projects, but certainly looks like a (software based) solution for batch-tagging user samples. I haven't tried it yet but planning to soon.

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro

You could name the project also, add some sort of tag, trackname-house

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 586 Guru

I agree, content tags are such an integral way the whole browser paradigm works in Maschine. Therefore we really should have some way to add tags in standalone.

• KIRI

Gets my vote.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

Would definitely be helpful to be able to properly tag Projects, Groups, Sounds and Samples in standalone mode. Project tags could be used for example to create playlists and keep track of the most recent version.

• nxtseq
    nxtseq Member Posts: 18 Member

Glad to see more people wanting this!

To comment on the auto-tagger software: Yes, it is a fantastic tool for tagging, but the use situation is mostly for samples you already have prepared beforehand. If you would make a sound on the device it self, it would be a pain to save a sound on the device, having to connect it up to the pc, finding it , then tagging, and putting it back again..

• diamondone
    diamondone Member Posts: 6 Member

Glad this is already been requested and hope its on the roadmap.

NKS tagging in Machine is excellent and it made me want the ability to tag projects.

I want to get rid of my current naming of 'Techno - example name', Hip-hop - example name', Slapkitchen liveset - example name'. Projects pile up too quickly and Maschine screen aligning text to the right unfortunately makes it worse.

Project tag examples:

Live sets

Tempo

Genre

Colab partner

Clients

etc.

Cheers

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor

Thanks for sharing, I just picked it up and it works great. I can actually use my Splice folder and filter by instrument now instead of just browsing all 5000 samples as one shots.

• KIRI

nice! it's on my list of things to try next ... glad it worked for you. how is the AI in terms of labelling? one thing I was worried about was having to go through and manually correct a bunch of stop if the auto-tagging is off.