Upgrade from Kontakt 6 to Kontakt 7

LawTunes
LawTunes Member Posts: 3 Member
edited September 2022 in Kontakt

Any word on when the upgrade from Windows Kontakt 6 to Kontakt 7 will be available and the upgrade price? ('m a long-time NI/Kontakt/authorized libraries customer, and so far all I see are very pricey bundles which include Kontakt 7 -- and solely upgrading to Kontakt 7 is all I want and can afford. Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hey @LawTunes the price will be available in October when Kontakt 7 drops officially. Please keep an eye on this page here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-7/ 🙂

• abnegative
    abnegative Member Posts: 59 Helper

Will Kontakt 7 player be free?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

Kontakt Player has always been free.

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 168 Advisor

Can the new KONTAKT 7 PLAYER (now offered to be downloaded via Native Access) co-exist on the same Windows PC as any existing KONTAKT 6 FULL installation, at least as long as the full version of KONTAKT 7 is not available? Will my KONTAKT 6 installation even be overwritten/deleted? THX.

• manuel alexandre
    manuel alexandre Member Posts: 2 Member

I have free kontakt Player 6 installed. Now I have installed free Kontakt player 7 but 6 version still is there. If I uninstal kontakt Player 6 version do I loose my work recorded on cubase with this version?

If not, it´s simply unsinstall version 6 with Control Panel (windows)?

thanks

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited September 2022

@B.Minor it co-exists just fine...each new Major version (6 to 7 for example) is its own application/plugin, nothing overwritten/deleted.

@manuel alexandre Best way to tell, before deleting V6 is to open a project and check the version of Kontakt that is loaded in your project...if it is still 6 then do not delete.

• LawTunes

Thank you for your assistance. Once I saw that Kontakt 7 was available I bought the upgrade. And after installing it and its new libraries/components, I tried to run it and got the black screen. Poking around on the website, although unannounced, I see from others experiencing this issue that Kontakt 7 requires not just Direct3D DDI 11.1 which my system has, but also Feature Level 11, which it does not and my card cannot be so upgraded via drivers. I was not aware of that requirement prior to purchase, having been successfully running Kontakt 6 through all of its interim upgrades/versions. Extremely disappointing and frustrating. So that I can get at least some benefit from my purchase, can you please tell me if my Kontakt 6 can at least run all the libraries/components that came with Kontakt 7? And if some yes, some no, can you please so identify? Thank you.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod
    edited October 2022

@LawTunes Unfortunately products made with Kontakt 7 will not load in Kontakt 6. Given the circumstances we could offer a refund or some kind of compensation. Let me know if that would suit you, I'll contact you by email in this case.

• LawTunes

Thank you for your consideration. Although I was very excited about and looking forward to all that Kontakt 7 had to offer this long-time user, the inability of my present system to run it regrettably forces me to accept your offer of a refund. Please let me know what I need to do to accomplish that, and also the best way to remove 7 and it’s components from my system without messing up my existing installation of, and my many projects that used/use, 6x. Thank you again.

• Jeremy_NI

@LawTunes I contacted you by email.

• RIP_Ganon
    RIP_Ganon Member Posts: 2 Member

I purchased the Kontakt 7 bundle upgrade, & it's only operating in standalone mode. I want to operate it in my DAW Ableton Live 11. What have I done wrong?

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @RIP_Ganon Kontakt 7 is VST3 only. Make sure to enable VST3 plugins in Ableton.

• glenesis
    glenesis Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi. I bought v6 in September of 2021. Am I qualified for an upgrade? I've barely gotten to know v6.

Also, I see the minimum system requirement is Catalina. I can't upgrade my system to Catalina because of some older software I still use. Will v7 run (unsupported, obviously) under Mojave? Will it even install?

Thank you :)

-Glenn

• Jeremy_NI

@glenesis If you own Kontakt 6, it doesn't matter when you bought it, you'll always be eligible for an update price. Kontakt 7 will not install and run on 10.14.