Maschine not showing in Ableton

MichaelKnight
MichaelKnight Member Posts: 12 Member
I followed the How to Install MASCHINE Templates for Ableton Live 11 article and Maschine doesn't show up as a controll surface. Appreciate any help on fixing this. I deletedthe Ableton Live 9 file per the directions

Tagged:

Best Answers

• MichaelKnight
    Answer ✓

HI @Jeremy_NI I reinstalled the driver and decided to go through the instructions from the beginning. I noticed that for some reason the Maschine Studio files were no longer in the midi script folder. I reinstalled them. I made progress but What I want to do is to have Machine sounds record on separate tracks in Ableton so I can mix them. I went through the Drum tutorial and was able to record a group to one track. I want to record Drum kits to individual tracks. Is this possible? I essentially want each sound of the kit to go to a different track. On a side note are melodic drum kits treated differently from Melody sounds for installation purposes. I noticed there were different sets of instructions depending on what you want to do.

I was able to add the Melodic instruments to separate tracks.

Lastly for historical purposes. I realized that Maschine Studio needs to be in Midi Mode and on the C group to link to Ableton. It's at the end of the instructions but I think I missed it. I'm adding this tidbit in case someone else has the same issue and comes across the thread.

Thanks for your patience in helping me resolve this.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@MichaelKnight Great to hear! To be fair, it's not the easiest user journey.

About the multiple outs into Ableton. Usually users want the separate tracks of Maschine in Ableton, in this case this is how to do: How to Route MASCHINE 2 Sounds to Separate Audio Tracks in Ableton Live

In your case, the difference is you need to select the Maschine outputs on the SOUND level and not GROUP:

You can then select from ext1 to Ext16. You can only have 16 outs to go in Ableton, that's the limit.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @MichaelKnight, you followed this article, right ? How to Install MASCHINE Templates for Ableton Live

Is your Maschine Studio Controller recognized by your computer ? Is everything functional in the Maschine standalone software ? is your Maschine Studio controller recognized by Controller Editor ? Can you post a screenshot of what is inside this folder ?

• MichaelKnight

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the help. Below is the requested information

Is your Maschine Studio Controller recognized by your computer ? Yes

Is everything functional in the Maschine standalone software ? Yes

Is your Maschine Studio controller recognized by Controller Editor ? Yes

Can you post a screenshot of what is inside this folder ?

Screenshot of inside the Maschine_Studio folder

Screenshot of Maschine Studio inputs

I appreciate the help!

• Jeremy_NI
    edited September 2022

Hey, can you see the Maschine Studio Virtual Input at all in the list of MIDI inputs and outputs ? Make sure to select this one:

Same for the output.

If they are not present, open the Maschine software in standalone and make sure to tick Maschine Studio Virtual Input & Output in the MIDI preferences.

If that still doesn't work, try to troubleshoot with only the Maschine Studio conneceted, it looks like you have a lot of MIDI devices connected.

• MichaelKnight

I'm not getting Maschine Studio Virtual input or output in Standalone

• Jeremy_NI

@MichaelKnight Sorry, my bad, on Windows it should be Maschine Studio In for input and Maschine Studio Out for output. Once again, please try troubleshooting only witht the Maschine Studio connected.

• MichaelKnight

@Jeremy_NI I removed all other midi controllers and disabled them for good measure. Only maschine Studio was connected.No change. The Midi Studio In and Midi Studio out 1 and 2 and 3 have been there but still no luck. I know you said that Windows doesn't have virtual inputs, but wouldn't these inputs/outputs correlate to the physical inputs/outputs on the unit?

• Jeremy_NI

I meant disconnect the other MIDI devices, not remove them from the control surface input & output.

It looks that all your MIDI controllers are still connected. To troubleshoot the issue, the best is to have only the Maschine Studio connected.

• MichaelKnight

I tried removing the other midi devices. No Change.

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

Sorry for being late... Maschine + Live is somewhat a specialty of mine 😊 Gratz on your power combo, because that's what it is from my perspective!

Back to business => Let's rewind, all the way back... please answer these questions for me:

* Does Windows recognize your Maschine? Also: What Maschine do you have? (Studio... DUMMY!! ok ok, let's ignore this :))

Obviously this compells me to fire up the full home studio:

* You're saying "not showing in Ableton", can you share this section? =>

My Mk3 settings.

* Also:

Right click on the start menu icon... (what Windows are you using?) => then hit device manager before you answer my question. Then... what does that show you?

I know, all Dutch, but it should give you a good impression. As far as I'm aware (I hope the experts will correct me if I'm wrong) then Studio also has an audio interface.. so it should show up, could you share a screenshot like this to give us an idea?

It's easy: make a screenshot, paste it in.

• MichaelKnight

Thanks for the help. I made the changes you suggested. It's not working with midi input and output on or off in the control surface

I have Maschine Studio Midi in drivers not WDM

Midi is not recording

Thanks for your help. I'm starting to wonder if I may be missing something but I have gone through the instructions a few times now

• MichaelKnight
    edited October 2022

Hi @Jeremy_NI just wanted to follow up. Any other suggestions?

• Jeremy_NI

@MichaelKnight Please try reinstalling the driver for the Maschine Studio: MASCHINE STUDIO Driver 3.1.2 - Windows 7 and above

• MichaelKnight
    Answer ✓

HI @Jeremy_NI I reinstalled the driver and decided to go through the instructions from the beginning. I noticed that for some reason the Maschine Studio files were no longer in the midi script folder. I reinstalled them. I made progress but What I want to do is to have Machine sounds record on separate tracks in Ableton so I can mix them. I went through the Drum tutorial and was able to record a group to one track. I want to record Drum kits to individual tracks. Is this possible? I essentially want each sound of the kit to go to a different track. On a side note are melodic drum kits treated differently from Melody sounds for installation purposes. I noticed there were different sets of instructions depending on what you want to do.

I was able to add the Melodic instruments to separate tracks.

Lastly for historical purposes. I realized that Maschine Studio needs to be in Midi Mode and on the C group to link to Ableton. It's at the end of the instructions but I think I missed it. I'm adding this tidbit in case someone else has the same issue and comes across the thread.

Thanks for your patience in helping me resolve this.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@MichaelKnight Great to hear! To be fair, it's not the easiest user journey.

About the multiple outs into Ableton. Usually users want the separate tracks of Maschine in Ableton, in this case this is how to do: How to Route MASCHINE 2 Sounds to Separate Audio Tracks in Ableton Live

In your case, the difference is you need to select the Maschine outputs on the SOUND level and not GROUP:

You can then select from ext1 to Ext16. You can only have 16 outs to go in Ableton, that's the limit.