Kontakt instruments "Settle Down" time . .

mpmusicny
mpmusicny Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi - this is a problem I've been having for many years over all kinds of iterations of Logic and OSX. When I load a song that contains large Kontakt instruments and start playing, the instruments take a long time, often two or three runs-through, to "Settle down, i.e. start playing all notes and articulations, and with the right timing. Obviously I know that they take time to load, but it seems to me that they are still settling way after the individual load meters say that they are all in there . I was wondering if anyone had any solutions for this? Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• komthusr
    komthusr Member Posts: 41 Member

Is that because you purged the sounds and now every time you load your project all the sounds need to load? I always purge large instruments, and after I have done 2 or 3 runs, once it sounds as if everything has loaded, only then do I save the project, which has fully loaded only the sounds used. Next time you open your project it should start playing right the first time. Hope that helps.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod
    edited September 2022

@mpmusicny Well, first you need to give Full Disk Access to both Logic and Kontakt: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Also in some cases, batch re-save the libraries can help with loading times: How to Batch re-save a KONTAKT Library

• mpmusicny

Thanks guys - I'd given Kontakt 5 Full Disk Access years back, but indeed, not extended that provelage to Kontakt 6. And I guess I'll settle in one of these days and batch resave each library. Question: both here and in the N.I. article you refer to barch resaving each library - do you in fact have to batch resave each patch in each library, or will one batch resave on one loaded patch do it for the whole library?

Thanks for the help!

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Well, unfortunately you have to do it library by library.

• mpmusicny

OK thanks - I'll get to it :)

• mpmusicny

Actually, unless I'm misunderstanding the process . . when I loaded up the "Violins 1" patch from Spitfire Chamber Strings, and then told Kontakt to batch resave, it appears to be batch-resaving the entire library . .

• Jeremy_NI

Yes, all the instruments in the library but not all libraries at once, that's what I meant.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Beside that, what makes load and "settle down" times shorter is fast NVMe SSD disc. Much faster than SATA SSD.