Older Version Patches

majnation
majnation Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

So - I guess this has been asked loads but i can't find anything.

I have a client who has come back to me after a few years asking if he can remix a track

Guitar rig has gone several versions since he was in the studio - and so have my computers - but i have the original files. I am thinking it was that long ago that it may even have been the original guitar rig.

Is there any way I can find out from a Logic x file what patches i was using on an older version - so i can load a newer version - with the same patches? We bothe really like the sound that was used on the original?

Cheers

M

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

@majnation Well, what version are we talking about exactly ? This is usually how it goes, you can import presets from the previous version to the next. Tha means you would have needed to, for example import GR Pro 1 presets in GR Pro 2, then import them in Pro 3. You may be able to install Guitar Rig 5 on recent operating systems but not previous versions that were discontinued a very long time ago.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

@majnation Well, what version are we talking about exactly ? This is usually how it goes, you can import presets from the previous version to the next. Tha means you would have needed to, for example import GR Pro 1 presets in GR Pro 2, then import them in Pro 3. You may be able to install Guitar Rig 5 on recent operating systems but not previous versions that were discontinued a very long time ago.