Maschine MK2 not being detected in Ableton Live 11

Tristan
Tristan Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hoping there's some knowledgeable people that are using Ableton with Native Instrument products who can shine some light on an issue I've been experiencing. I followed the set-up for the Ableton template associated with my MIDI controller (Maschine MK2) in the following article down below:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4413367278097-How-to-Install-MASCHINE-Templates-for-Ableton-Live#:~:text=Start%20Ableton%20Live.,e.g.%20Maschine%20Mk2%20Virtual%20Input).

However when I open up preferences I do not get the Maschine Studio Virtual Input/Output dropdown options and the Input field for my controller is greyed out as shown in the attached picture.

When I open up the Native Instruments Controller Editor program I am able to choose an Ableton Live Template and modify the functions for the knobs & pads, but do not get feedback on the top right MIDI indicators when trying to operate the controller in Ableton Live 11.

If anyone has had success integrating their Native Instrument MIDIs onto Ableton. Any help would be greatly appreciated, please and thank you.

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

@Tristan It seems that the MIDI ports are not even recognised by Ableton. Are you able to run the Maschine 2 software in standalone ? Is the MK2 recognized and functional ?

• Tristan
    Answer ✓

@Jeremy_NI Realized I only had the controller editor installed. This helped me out and it was such an easy fix too. Thank you so much.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓

@Tristan It seems that the MIDI ports are not even recognised by Ableton. Are you able to run the Maschine 2 software in standalone ? Is the MK2 recognized and functional ?

• Tristan
    Answer ✓

@Jeremy_NI Realized I only had the controller editor installed. This helped me out and it was such an easy fix too. Thank you so much.

• MichaelKnight
    MichaelKnight Member Posts: 12 Member

I recently updated to Ableton 11 and have the same issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled the USB driver and it still doesn't work. Maschine comes up in standalone. I appreciate any other tips you may have on fixing this.

• Jeremy_NI

@MichaelKnight Can you give more details ? What Maschine controller do you have ? A Mk2 as well ? What is your operating system ? When you say that "Maschine comes up in standalone", do you mean that the controller is recognised by the Maschine software ? Is Controller Editor installed on your computer ? What version is it ?

• MichaelKnight
    MichaelKnight Member Posts: 12 Member

Hi Jeremy,

Looks like your helping me in the following post https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/32469#Comment_32469 I posted some responses there. Thanks again for your help.