Kontakt vst is in 6.22(RS1) but standalone is 6.7.1

hd372
hd372 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

I just installed Kontakt onto my PC on windows 10, and the standalone is the latest version but for some reason the vst is showing as 6.22. I can't update through Native Access because it says it's up to date. I'm using ableton live 9 and the VST folder for Kontakt is definitely the same as the plugin folder in ableton

Best Answers

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

You can re-install, to the right of "Kontakt" in NA2 there are three dots (same place you found the installation path) click on that and you can click "Reinstall"...rescan once completed... if that does not solve the issue, uninstall Kontakt and then install it again fresh...

• hd372

Thanks for your answer, unfortunately reinstalling and completely uninstalling have not worked either.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

@hd372 Can you go to the said folder and double check for duplicates ? If you right click the Kontakt.dll file there and choose properties, what version does it show ?

• hd372

@Jeremy_NI The details show 6.7.1, there is nothing else in the folder

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Oh but I see that the folder you selected for your Abletom custom plug-in folder is:

C:\VSTS\64 Bit\1_VSTS\

And the folder where you installed the plug-in is

C:\VSTS\64 Bit\1_VSTS\Native\

Do you see the difference ?

• hd372

Yeah that's true, but the native folder is within the VST folder so it should find it. However you are right, if I change the folder to 1_VSTS\Native in ableton it does find the correct version, problem is that now Kontakt is the only plugin I can use.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

That's not how it works, plug-in file must be installed in the exact same folder you select in Ableton. It's the other way around you have to change the destination in Native Access and / or copy the dll to this folder : C:\VSTS\64 Bit\1_VSTS\

Please check this video: