Traktor timecode mapping

DJ SAMAEL
DJ SAMAEL Member Posts: 5 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hi, I use Traktor Scratch Pro 2 audio A6 in timecode mode with cdj numark ndx 800 and Mixars Quattro and I uploaded a tsi that I found on the net but I changed the setting of the pad play button of the mixer (which was set as hot cue 8) in "Play/Pause Deck Common" - button- direct- value 1) but when I press it, the song starts but goes into internal mode and excludes the control of the cdj. How should I set the pad play button to make sure that this does not happen? Thanks

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

if you want to use the play button, you could set timecode mode to relative. But normally, in absolut TC mode, you start the time code file playing and the song starts that way.

• DJ SAMAEL

Hi Uwe and thanks for the answer.

where I need to set the relative timecode?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Like you've set it in the picture should be fine. Have you tried to delete the other mappings of the play button and only map play pause? And additionally you should have two signs next to the play button on the screen, two turntables, one with and one without the tonearm, click on the one without. It's 12.6 in the manual.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited September 2022

What are you trying to achieve by having an external MIDI play button instead of using Play on the CDJ?

If the CDJ tells the SW the music is playing and where it is there can't be another Play button, because the CDJ defines that... Imagine the CDJ spinning, if it's spinning its playing if not then it's stopped... how could that work without another external play?

Maybe you want a Silent Cue?

• DJ SAMAEL
    edited September 2022

Thanks Uwe303

Yes I have deleted all the mappings of the play / pause command as you said, and continues to switch to internal mode, excluding the cdj in timecode however, at least, we have obtained that now just click on the cd icon (next to that of the turntable) to resume the cdj command in timecode without interrupting the track (which is already a good result) 👍

But I would like that by pressing the "play" pad button on the mixer, the track starts without going into internal mode (the cd led turns off and the deck play button lights up) as you can see in the video at minute 1.56

as is the case with all other mixer pad button which are mapped as hotcue and which do not override the timecode.

• DJ SAMAEL

Hi D-One and Thanks for the answer

I'll explain...

my request starts from the problem I have with the play button of the cdj which is broken.

Soon I will have to change cdj but, in the meantime, I would like to use the pad 8 key of the mixer (set up as "play / pause) to start the track but still keep the other commands of the cdj (jogwheel, pitch bend, keylock etc ..) while continuing to use timecode.

This is because I find it better to scratch with the timecode rather than directly connecting the cdj with usb (i found the jogwhell more responsive to the touch)

As you can see from the video at minute 1:56, with this mapping when you press the play button of the mixer, the track starts but excludes the cdj, and if I click with the mouse on the cd icon of the deck the timecode is not activated again and I am forced to reload the track ...

With Uwe303's suggestion, at least we managed to make sure not to reload the track but just click the cd icon on the deck to reactivate it in timecode, but I would like to avoid this and make it work as a substitute for the play button of the cdj.

• DJ SAMAEL
    edited September 2022

I hadn't noticed the link under the video:

https://www.reddit.com/r/traktorpro/comments/lms7d9/4_deck_midimapping_for_mixars_quattro_by_me/

The author of the reddit post, evidently, will have copied the original description which the author of the mapping then modified by removing the part in which he describes the difficulties in mapping pad 8 of the mixer set up as "play" and describes what I also found (switching to internal mode by pressing the button)