Is there a way to select all notes from JAM in event or step mode?

Jaheid19
Jaheid19 Member Posts: 36 Member

FEATURE REQUEST IF NOT. It can get tedious navigating between pages on the jam looking for that specific note/event you want to edit. Its also a killer to workflow if you wanted to nudge your whole pattern over a bit from the hardware. Currently have to move each note individually. I haven't found a workaround besides using the computer mouse and mk3. Lol I know the JAM was designed to use with Mk3. I like the visual feedback JAM offers

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

I guess there is not a way to nudge all from Jam. And Jam is EOL, so I doubt it would get any functiality udate...

The only thing that might bring the solution is to hack "TS EDIT" (SHIFT+F button) somehow. I have no idea, if it would be possible. It could work that one presses SHIFT+F and at the same time turn the knob to nudge (but it would be difficult for people with smaller hands), or use SHIFT+F to toggle modes selected notes and all notes.

I do not think Jam was meant as companion for Maschine MK2, IMHO it was wrongly targeted to DJs as a standalone controller. And as such did not have much success...

But I agree, Jam is great and undervalued companion to MK2/MK3/M+/Mikro.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

I guess there is not a way to nudge all from Jam. And Jam is EOL, so I doubt it would get any functiality udate...

The only thing that might bring the solution is to hack "TS EDIT" (SHIFT+F button) somehow. I have no idea, if it would be possible. It could work that one presses SHIFT+F and at the same time turn the knob to nudge (but it would be difficult for people with smaller hands), or use SHIFT+F to toggle modes selected notes and all notes.

I do not think Jam was meant as companion for Maschine MK2, IMHO it was wrongly targeted to DJs as a standalone controller. And as such did not have much success...

But I agree, Jam is great and undervalued companion to MK2/MK3/M+/Mikro.