Symphony Series String Ensemble: How to automate vibrato for violins?

I am trying to automate the vibrato-knob for example the violins, but could not find out how to do it?

I want to manage it in the same way when automating the Dynamics knob with standard MIDI control using the modulation wheel (via MIDI CC #1), wich then can be edited inside Cubase by doubleclick on the midipart, and then edit the curves manually.

Does anyone know how to do this for the vibrato-knob in Symphony Series String Ensemble in Kontakt?

Thanx in advance :-)

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

well explaining how to assign quick controls would be a question for the Cubase forums. Track quick controls are track based, so the selected track would accept the Quick control input and adjust the selected automation parameter...

Here is a link to a vid about QC and Kontakt...Hope it helps...

https://youtu.be/vQdoEYULFeY

Answers

• Blindeddie

Violin vibrato is already assigned to Automation id #15...click the Automation Tab in Kontakt, then select "Host Automation" to see all the assigned automations. In Cubase, you could assign a Quick Control to AID 15 and use that for initial entry...

• Jiwisto
    Jiwisto Member Posts: 9 Member

Thanx for the tip, but how do I assign a Quick Control to AID 15 and use that for initial entry?

And how do I assign it individually, if I got two string plugins loaded i Komplete Kontrol where one Kontakt instance is loaded (in this instance of Komplete Kontrol), with lets say, one cello instrument + one viola instrument i Kontakt?

How do I assign different MIDI CC´s to be able to control the vibrato-knob individually for booth cellos and viola?

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

well explaining how to assign quick controls would be a question for the Cubase forums. Track quick controls are track based, so the selected track would accept the Quick control input and adjust the selected automation parameter...

Here is a link to a vid about QC and Kontakt...Hope it helps...

https://youtu.be/vQdoEYULFeY