Mapping CCs per Kontakt instrument and not per patch?

MusicFINgers
MusicFINgers Member Posts: 7 Member

I have a number of Kontakt instruments that have loads of preset patches. for example Spitfire Audio eDNA Earth.

I am making a hardware/touchscreen controller for the instrument but can't seem to assign ccs to the instrument globally - in other words if I "learn cc" on the instrument the assigned cc's are saved with the patch and not the instrument so if I change patch the cc would need to be reassigned for the new patch.

Question - can you assign midi cc globally on the instrument, and not just on the patch in Kontakt 6?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

MIDI learning is per instrument (NKI) in Kontakt, not global. One way of dealing with this is to use snapshots, then you do your MIDI learns and save the NKI, then all snapshots will use the same MIDI CC setup.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod

Hello,

I don't think so but i don't want to lie, so I can mark @EvilDragon and he knows for sure.

• MusicFINgers
    MusicFINgers Member Posts: 7 Member

Ok thanks, still holding out hope that there is a way...

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

MIDI learning is per instrument (NKI) in Kontakt, not global. One way of dealing with this is to use snapshots, then you do your MIDI learns and save the NKI, then all snapshots will use the same MIDI CC setup.