How to Relocate ENTIRE Kontakt Komplete (13) Content/Libraries?

Options
Soniclight
Soniclight Member Posts: 18 Member
edited September 2022 in Native Access

I know how to relocate single instruments/libraries, but I need to re-locate the entire KK content back to my new larger Windows 10 NVMe drive from where I had parked that and other NI Instruments/Libraries on an other drive (D:\) as shown in the two screenshots.

So far I have found no how-to, be it text or video to do this.

The KK folder shows 75 subfolders and it would be very tedious to have to repair each one, one after another. The other Kontakt content folder shows only 10, but again, time-consuming to have to do them one by one.

Is there a way to start from scratch - or reinstall everything? But while not losing saved presets (fortunately I don't have that many, but do not want to lose them).

Thank you for your help.

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

First, Move (not Copy) the libraries to the new location. Make sure to place them all in a single folder. Then open up Native Access (Version 2). Once loaded, it should show the libraries needing "Repair" and there should be a button at the Top Right to "Relocate All" Click that button and a list of the Libraries that need repair will be listed with a button to Change the Location...click that button, select the new location and all libraries should be repaired.

Here is a link to the Vid that explains the process...starting at 6:20...

https://youtu.be/a02G4eWLHGE

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

First, Move (not Copy) the libraries to the new location. Make sure to place them all in a single folder. Then open up Native Access (Version 2). Once loaded, it should show the libraries needing "Repair" and there should be a button at the Top Right to "Relocate All" Click that button and a list of the Libraries that need repair will be listed with a button to Change the Location...click that button, select the new location and all libraries should be repaired.

Here is a link to the Vid that explains the process...starting at 6:20...

https://youtu.be/a02G4eWLHGE

• Soniclight
    Soniclight Member Posts: 18 Member
    Options

Thanks, I knew there had to be such a solution and now that you pointed it out, I realize I had forgotten about that option. Something I was aware of when I first got KK, but my mind is not always running on all cylinders...