A few thoughts on playbox - it's missing a few things...or is it?

Royalston
Royalston Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited August 2022 in Kontakt

I've been playing with Playbox - it sounds GREAT, the fx are great....but I feel like the interface is missing some key things (or maybe I'm missing something). I don't normally post stuff like this but I'm wondering if anyone feels the same way - or maybe can help me.

•Chord lock - you can lock individual chords - but when you roll the chord dice it replaces the chords you locked. Playbox picks a whole new set. This sucks - I'd love to get a new selection of random chords to add to the ones I already liked & locked. Many of the progressions are only really 4 chords, so getting four more extra randoms would be very handy.

•Adding notes to a chord - you can play the whole chord again, but why not have a '+' button to add an extra note? Also - a '-' or mute button.

•Midi export - you can export all the chords, but then working out what your chord progression actually is, is a painstaking process. I feel like just enabling Kontakt 'midi out' so you can record it's output as midi would work so well. Apparently the Grain FX can send midi out, but I haven't been able to get that to work.

• An 'instrument mode' where you can play chords on a keyboard and Playbox just assigns the samples to these chords - live. So I can play ideas (my own chords) with the great sounds and great FX.

All these things feel like they'd be possible within the current interface...wishful thinking I guess!

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,555 admin

Hi @Royalston thanks for an extensive overview! I've added a feature request tag to your post so we don't miss it.

• Jordane
    Jordane Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Bonjour

J adore le son et les fonctionnalités de ce plugin mais je suis surpris de ne pas pouvoir jouer un accord ou même juste un sample sur tout le clavier en keyboard mode.

Il manque cruellement une liberté de jouer et de créer.

• caos84
    caos84 Member Posts: 5 Member

I completely agree on the above mentioned features.

I would LOVE a feature that could MUTE/SOLO a whole layer.

As it is right now I have to mute samples separetely in each layer.

It is especially useful if I want to bounce out layers/stems individually.

• sinobi
    sinobi Member Posts: 13 Newcomer
    edited January 31

agreed, i keep coming up with 3 bars then am needing to add a chord(note) thats outside of the 8 notes you can use and it is really frustrating and makes me not want to use it, but then i really like it for launching ideas apart from that, this seems really obvious as well, am i missing something here? orrr, has anyone found a workaround to this? have tried using mupltiple tracks and tuning but it skews the consinstancy of the sound

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,723 mod

Sounds great, if only it was actually playable

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,127 Expert
  • sinobi
    sinobi Member Posts: 13 Newcomer

I find this very bizarre, but I am new to native instruments, where can we make the request thast they make playbox playable? not just for its users but they would get way more sales if it was, very annoying

• dr_infantil
    dr_infantil Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Totally agree!! Why isn't it playable? Or, is there any convenient way to have more than 8 chords? I can assign midi to go to the next preset, but this seems very inconvenient. Especially, because I have to make sure that I start with the right preset. Is there a way to select a specific chord preset with midi ? Thanks for any help!