Smart Playlist - currently playing and/or specific track/deck filter

alec.tron
alec.tron Member Posts: 72 Pro
edited October 2022 in Share Ideas for Traktor Pro

Hi.

Last feature request from me - for smart-playlists to be useful for me - the one function I would need from a smart playlist in Traktor is to quickly populate a playlist against user-defined attributes of the currently playing deck [or/and one deck of my choosing, i.e. when pre-listening/preparing the next mix], to retrieve (as examples - these need to be quickly add/removable/editable):

• bpm +/- 10% (or 5, or 20, or whathaveyou...)
  • same/adjacent key
  • limit to specific genre/s [groups...]
  • custom metadata field xyz

Also, similar to the library request, this would need to work with multi-value metadata as well as custom field metadata, as requested here: https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/4781/metadata-i-o-overhaul-read-write-multiple-genres-artists-custom-fields-etc/p1?new=1

Cheers.

c.

17 votes

Closed · Last Updated

This idea did not receive enough support from the community.

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

That's a feature i would really like Traktor to have! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• shamoo!
    shamoo! Member Posts: 22 Helper

I would like this to be applied to the browser.

So I pick a song, set it as master hit play. Depeding on my settings (show only same key/adjacent key) all the non-matching songs in the browser disapear.

I think it would really help speed up the next song selection process.

• alec.tron
    alec.tron Member Posts: 72 Pro

Aye - a SmartPlaylist is a node inside the browser, no ? i.e. a filter group (with an attached, mutable logic), populating the visible (browser's) content. [I have a hard time imagining a main browser window workflow though that's not SmartPlaylist based...?]

In the end it's up to NI to write a solution that's feasible, as well as as practical, and in line with a well designed holistic workflow as the next iteration of the library/browser/metadata workflow in Traktor, ideally.

Which is what makes the whole library/browser/metadata topic a not so trivial one...

c.

• shamoo!
    shamoo! Member Posts: 22 Helper

Yep your right.

I believe I was thinking of the browser, as I recall in rekord box you dont need to setup a smartplaylist first to have this happen. Click a button on the top or something, been to long since I used that last. But again thats probably just really enabling a filter in the background. Which is the same thing

• skymakai
    skymakai Member Posts: 13 Member

Yep... this is why I still use iTunes Smart Playlists. I need Smart Playlists in Traktor to be capable of some basic programming... if this, then that.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,214 Expert

What's also missing is that you can mix AND and OR.

(Artistname = Peter OR Artistname = Hans)

AND

(Genre = yodeling)

I'm even fine with an "expert mode" that one has to active somewhere hidden, and let us write the query ourself. If that save dev time.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hey, thanks a lot for submitting this idea. Unfortunately it didn't receive enough votes over the allotted time. We're closing this post.

Note that our ideas section doesn't reflect the Traktor team's backlog. Even if this idea hasn't been brought up to the team at this time, that doesn't mean it'll never be implemented in the future.

For more info about how your feedback reaches NI, please have a look here.

This discussion has been closed.