Komplete 13 ultimate collectors edition less than 700 Gb?

DjCk
DjCk Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
edited September 2022 in Native Access

My full install of Komplete 13 ultimate collectors edition was just under 700 GB. It says that the full install is supposed to be 1.15 TB. Did they make the file sizes smaller recently? Where is my 450 GB?

Best Answer

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

Well, I am not sure how big K13U CE is. But the thing is, that even only Kontakt libraries and Expansions do not fit on my 1TB discs. It may be because I have few other Konrakt libraries, but still....

I would say, K13UCE is much bigger than 700 GB.

Beside that one needs some extra space for up to two installation files. One may take up to 25 GB. So, one may need at least 50 GB more under circumstances....

If not having much extra space, the best strategy is to install big items first and small ones last.

• DjCk

I have lots of space on my 18 TB hard drive. I am just trying to make sure I got the full install because it was only 700 GB.

Thanks

• DjCk

Actually I checked it again and it is about 810 GB. Is this the full install?

• Kubrak
    • Komplete 13 Select: 5 GB free disk space (50 GB for complete installation)
    • Komplete 13: 10 GB free disk space (290 GB for complete installation)
    • Komplete 13 Ultimate: 20 GB free disk space (800 GB for complete installation)
    • Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's Edition: 30 GB free disk space (1150 GB for complete installation)

So, K13U CE should take roughly 1120 GB.

Do not know how it is on Mac, but on Win it is placed at many locations.... Plugins at two, programs, content....

• DjCk

I tried opening some of the instruments and synthesizers to see if it was compressed but it stayed the same 807 GB. This is all of the folders together for Komplete 13 Ultimate Collectors edition. Why is it not 1120 GB?

• Kubrak

If NA2 shows that there is nothing to install, then it should be OK. Maybe you have not found all folders where NI files are...

810 GB would be size of Komplete 13 Ultimate, not K13U CE.

• DjCk
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

I did get the full install with 807 GB. The libraries are compacted so it uses a lot less space.

article here:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210271825-Why-do-KONTAKT-Libraries-use-less-than-the-advertised-disk-space-

Thanks for your help!

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro

I can rest assure you that 13UC is much more than 800Gb, compacted libraries or not. It basically depends on where you installed all your stuff and which folders you're checking, and to make things even more complex the way you set up your filesystem can also be of influence here.

See, that's just the Komplete data, Kontakt adds approx. 42Gb to all this.

However... this is merely the library (which is also the bulk of the data), you also have standard presets, program files, etc.

But yeah, I really wouldn't focus yourself merely on used diskspace because it's a very bad indicator. Just focus on Native Access, and of course all the things that have become available within your DAW.

• Martin Schmid
    Martin Schmid Member Posts: 66 Member

My samples library is about 840gb... I did note that during install that the required space was significantly more than this.. presumably for the download file itself, whatever extraction, then final moving of the file to the library location.

There are of course other application files, etc, that add to this 840gb, but that's the bulk. My mac only had a 1TB drive.. I ended up gettin an external 4tb SSD for future capacity... and my main Mac SSD is now at a comfortable ~700 gb free.