Komplete 14 Pre-order

mordew3
mordew3 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello, I'm a Kontakt 6 user, and I'm trying to pre-order Komplete 14. If I'm purchasing Komplete 14 today, could I use any instruments in Komplete 14 such as SESSION GUITARIST – ELECTRIC MINT from my Kontakt 6 now? or Do I have to wait until Sep 27 to use any of instruments in Kontakt 14? I really need SESSION GUITARIST – ELECTRIC MINT right now. Also, I'm plaining to buy Komplete 14. I just don't want to double pay. Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 998 Guru
    Answer ✓

As you stated, the release date is Sep 27. Sep 27 is not now. You have to wait until the release date.

Answers

• PK The DJ
    Answer ✓

As you stated, the release date is Sep 27. Sep 27 is not now. You have to wait until the release date.

• mordew3
    mordew3 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thank you for the answer!

• caos84
    caos84 Member Posts: 5 Member

That doesn't really make sense to me.

How come you have to wait to use e.g. the Electric Mint, which is already released?

I get that Kontakt 7 and other new un-released products are not available until Sep 27.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I have to admit I do not understand sense of NI preorder. What does it bring to users? I understand it brings NI money and also that NI knows beforehand what the load of their servers will be. They could allocate temporarily more resources to face the tsunami of downloads.....

But generally I do not see, why users could not start downloading right now. The only thing may be something behind licencing system. I remember, that in K12 U C, few things were issued later and they had individual licences issued in user account... It was sort of confusing.... Mainly when I sold the licence, those sublicences have stayed on my account....

So, most probably, the obstacle is the way how licences are treated in NI information system and Native Access 2. I guess NI wanted to avoid confusion.... If not issued SW is not showed in NA2, people would complain, that they are missing. And if they are showed, users would complain it is not possible to download them. Yes, there could be a explanation or those would be greyed or anything else...

But for example Eventide has released its plugin bundle Anthology and just unoficially one employi said, there will be surprise plugin issued later. And it came few days ago...

• PK The DJ

It really shouldn't need explaining.

Komplete 14 is a package. A bundle.

It's the bundle that's being released on the 27th. Not the individual components.

• Kubrak

OK, but what is the purpose of preorders? What is the benefit for buyers. Why should they preorder?

That needs explanation.

• caos84

No one is saying otherwise. We know its a bundle, but it has a lot of content that is already released, so it doesn't make sense that you would have to wait 2 weeks to get e.g. Electric Mint, Prime Bass, Ashlight, whatever. Content that is already on accessible on their servers.

I have Komplete 12 Ultimate and all the content is NOT bundled. Its seperate plugins/expansions in Native Access.

• PK The DJ

OMG, really? If you want the individual parts now, you can buy them - separately.

If you buy the bundle, then you have to wait for the release of THE BUNDLE.

Komplete 12 Ultimate is a BUNDLE. Yes, once you've bought it, the contents of that BUNDLE are available in Native Access. You bought them as a BUNDLE.

• Kubrak

And, why should one preorder and not wait for release? What is the sense of preordering?

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 403 Pro

@PK The DJ Appreciate that it's a bundle, but I've worked in publishing previously. If there are already released products, there's no reason not to allow access to them. Especially if there's no bonus for Pre-order; this just allows NI to build its day one take prior to sale.

And I say all of this having paid for K14 upgrade pre-oder.

Strictly speaking, I'm upgrading for a few of the instruments included, which is saving me some cash, but I do think NI needs to work out some interop tech between Brainworx, plugin alliance and Izotope, because I'm going to duplicate a bunch of stuff I already own - I'm just going to end up giving some of their stuff away.

• PK The DJ

If you were so desperate for those products, you could have bought them when they came out - at full price.

You could do exactly the same thing now, to get them before the 27th if they're that important to you.

Otherwise, you simply have to wait until the bundle is released.

That's the way it's being done, regardless of where you worked.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

It's only a week guys, does no one have patience anymore?

It could simply be a case of how the system works. Difficult to generate a bundle for a user and only release certain components of it... Also, it is typically assumed when you pre-order a bundle of something you wait until that date to get it. If I were to pre-order a full computer system (unassembled) as a package and they needed to put the order together in their main warehouse I doub't I could ask if I could have the few parts in their local store now.... I would probably have to first buy them and credit back the ones in the bundle... too hard basket!

OK, but what is the purpose of preorders? What is the benefit for buyers. Why should they preorder?

Well, ask Gamers why they pre-order games that are online releases?

Last thing I ever pre-ordered was GTA5 and that was because it had a pre-sale release where I could get it a week before the official release if I went to my local store at midnight to pick it up. For users in this day where you are litterally just pre-paying your purchase, there is no real benefit unless they include some token for people that pre-order such as a free instrument, extra credits for content or perhaps early access to the product. If none of that, it's just bragging rights I guess but bottom line as PK said, users are buying a bundle and not items so you need to wait until the bundle is deposited to your account on the date specified irrespective of the fact parts of the bundled products are already available.

• caos84

NI Support to the rescue.

Sorry but the responses in here have been ridiculous.

i‘m glad NI are reasonable and this is the only solution that makes sense.

• Kubrak

Great. So, it works as it should. Preorder brings something to users. They may download most of the plugins now and the rest at time of release.

It has also benefit for NI, as it distributes downloads to longer period...

• Ronny Bangsund
    Ronny Bangsund Member Posts: 71 Helper

I pre-ordered yesterday, and got nothing. The order says "In progress", and support confirmed that is as it should be, and that I won't get anything until the 27th.