Duplicates in Machine/Kontrol browser

kipushka
kipushka Member Posts: 7 Member

Hi. I have a problem of duplicating at least half of the presets in different plugins: maschine factory library, maschine expansions, massive presets, reaktor presets, etc (mostly with the latest ones). Have already used other methods (such as deleting .db3) and checked for all duplicates on Mac. Nothing happened, still finding dublicates while scanning DB.

The only difference is that some presets are opening via "Find in finder" in Maschine browser/Komplete Kontrol, while others are not. Still both can be loaded by double clicking as the same preset as if they have the same link (sometimes some sounds can't be preheared while choosing them in browser - neither duplicated nor the only one preset, don't know what it depends on).

Could anyone help to solve this problems? Wanna orginise and use mk3 properly without scrolling through all the duplicates listening to them twice while previewing and having expanded library with such presets...

Updating & reinstalling everything didn't help

Maybe there are some manual set-ups for .db3 files or other preferences and some manual previews adjusments/linking

The problem is only with NI Instruments/Plugins, with 3-d party plugins everything is ok (no duplicates, previews are working)

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

Do you have "Maschine 2 Factory Selection" Installed?

• kipushka

No, I haven't, only full libraries.

It's not a problem with only Maschine 2 presets.

No file or preset duplicates (like full and factory libraries), same expansions, same preset lists, etc.

I have to find which place Maschine takes it from to visualise in browser the exact line of the preset name.

It should be taken from .db3, but how can I manually check it (not just open .db3 in the proper app)?

I need to understand this link and find the way to extract/delete it. If I can open the preset or project by clicking any of the two same presets (not existing as two separate files in different places on my HD) it should be somehow linked by this one and only preset file from .db3 or any other file where the Maschine can find it.

• D-One
    edited September 2022

I have to find which place Maschine takes it from to visualise in browser the exact line of the preset name.

It should be taken from .db3, but how can I manually check it (not just open .db3 in the proper app)?

I think it depends on the type of product. Expansions/Libs are a bit different from Kontakt/Reaktor stuff.

The .db3 gets updated when you rescan, or delete them (both the Maschine and KK one) and relaunch the application. It could be some custom paths you have or some NA2 related issues.

You're better off sending a support ticket to NI support.

• channelo
    channelo Member Posts: 7 Member

I have this same problem ever since updating Komplete Kontrol to 2.7.2

m1 Monterey 12.6 user here.

Maschine presets are duplicated, but not for all the libraries. When I right click on the presets and select Find in Folder, both duplicates will lead me to the same file. So it definitely is not a case of having two lots of the sounds/libraries installed.

I have tried deleting the plist files associated with Maschine 2 and Komplete Kontrol, deleting favorites.db3 and also komplete.db3 from both Maschine and Komplete Kontrol.

When I rebuild the libraries, they keep scanning and giving duplicate presets in the results. It is driving me nuts!

• kipushka

Already done, they offered the same solution from FAQ, that I have already tried. And plus recommended to update for the latest version. So there is no other solution...

+1

Hope to be fixed in future updates of Komplete Kontrol...

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,284 mod

Where are your libraries stored? On an external hard drive ? Can you show screenshots of the duplicates vs where the preset/library is installed ?

• kipushka

Hi, here it is

the way is /Users/Shared/Maschine 2 Library/Projects/

for example

• Jeremy_NI

I meant the Maschine Factory library and other NI libraries, not your saved projects.

• kipushka
    edited September 2022

That's not my saved project, these are Exactly Maschine 2 Factory Library projects and presets

USERS is just a folder where most of NI original libraries (for the exception of heavy Kontakt Libraries) are stored

• D-One
    edited September 2022

Check if you have any custom User lib paths that might lead to and old version of the same lib, old folders or similar.

Also, try uninstalling the Factory Lib, then start Maschine again, rescan and see if it's gone from the Browser then reinstall it. Uninstalling on Mac is a PITA but worth a try.

• Jeremy_NI

Yes, you're right, I'm so sorry, not enough coffee this morning! We'll have to have a look in your system so I'll contact you by email.

• G15
    G15 Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2022

Was there a solution for this? i have the EXACT same issue and tried the above steps (deleting recommended folders and .db3 files)

It takes hours for it to 'komplete' the scan on my system and for it to only result with the same issue is EXTREMELY frustrating.

at one point during the scan there were no duplicates, however after i did my victory dance and sat bac down at the computer i realized all the same duplicates were. somewhere during the scan it triggered the duplicated presets in the list.

Please help. I'm obviously not the only one with the issue and if there was a solution found, it should be posted.

• Jeremy_NI

@G15 Well, if these steps didn't solve the issue I invite you to contact our support agents so they can have a deeper look in your system: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_maschine

• Vandu
    Vandu Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Was there a solution for this?

• Jeremy_NI

@Vandu For the OP, the issue was very specific. Please contact my colleagues with the link I provided.