Project consistency when upgrading Komplete

MarkFoster
MarkFoster Member Posts: 5 Member

I'm running Komplete 11 at the moment (on a Macbook Pro) with a stack of unfinished projects. Is it safe to upgrade from K11 to K14 mid project? Will this compromise some of my tracks? That is, change some of the already existing sounds.

Cheers

Mark

Tagged:

Best Answer

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 64 Helper
    Answer ✓

If your unfinished projects are time-sensitive, then the answer is a big NO! Never, ever update/upgrade any software on your production computer especially when it is working fine.

You can do the upgrade after you have completed all your time-sensitive projects, and I do suggest that you perform a full backup of your system before proceeding, and do the upgrade one software at a time and test, if possible.

Answers

• victorp.sg
    victorp.sg Member Posts: 64 Helper
    Answer ✓

If your unfinished projects are time-sensitive, then the answer is a big NO! Never, ever update/upgrade any software on your production computer especially when it is working fine.

You can do the upgrade after you have completed all your time-sensitive projects, and I do suggest that you perform a full backup of your system before proceeding, and do the upgrade one software at a time and test, if possible.

• MarkFoster
    MarkFoster Member Posts: 5 Member

Thanks Victorp. I won't be going forward anytime soon!