How to Update One-shot Samples?

ozon
ozon Member Posts: 1,349 Expert
edited September 2022 in Maschine

For quite some time, the Maschine 2 application shows a yellow "update" button on my User Library Samples page. Upon clicking it, the Update One-shot Samples dialog appears. However, choosing Update seems to accomplish nothing.

What is this dialog supposed to do?

PS: The "Read more" link takes me to an error page on the Native Instruments website.

Best Answer

• ozon
    Answer ✓

By doing the following, I was able to get rid of the Update button:

• Browser to USER mode
    • Browser Samples
    • Filter for "One Shots" (a tag that was removed according to the Support document)
    • Select All these Samples
    • Click on Update and accept to update
    • After the process finished, the Update button became unavailable

Then I checked using the macOS Finder which Files were updated. And most of the concerned files were Samples saved as part of Maschine Projects copied from iMaschine.

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,872 mod
    edited September 2022

It updates older tags standards to new ones, if you click it then you should see that the 'modified date' of the files change, just tested it and it worked fine. So, check the files for a modification date, or are you saying that after confirming the Update it still shows you a message that the Tags need updating? Meaning it really did nothing?

What changes will depend on how old the tags that need updating are. I guess you could dupe one of the .wavs to somewhere else, update the tags then compare.

The link is: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000868917

It does lead to an "not authorized to access" page, perhaps @Jeremy_NI can take a look at whats going on with that page?

• ozon

@D-One thank you for the explanation.

are you saying that after confirming the Update it still shows you a message that the Tags need updating? Meaning it really did nothing?

Yes and yes. Hitting the Update button in the dialog does nothing and the yellow button stays there.

• D-One

Interesting... Can you try uploading one of those waves, a small one, so can try here?

Anything particular about them? Like being read-only, external HD in exfat, or something like that?

• ozon

Um… it shows that button regardless of selection. And I have several gigabytes of samples, also 3rd party libraries I tagged.

Samples are on the Mac Mini internal SSD, which is enforced to APFS.

The hint about read-only is interesting! Some of these sample libraries might actually reside under the /Shared/Library path, which is read-only for everyone.

Gotta check…

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,595 mod

@D-One That's weird, it looks like this article was never published, how did you know about it? Anyway it should be visible to all now!

• D-One

I just clicked the read more link in the software, from OP's screenshot.

Thanks!

• Jeremy_NI

@D-One Oh wow, seems this article was never activated, a little embarrassing. Anyway, thanks to you it's live and running now!

• ozon

Thanks @Jeremy_NI and @D-One now I only have to find out why Update doesn’t have any effect. Knowing what will be changed can help me track down the elements which are still tagged according to the old scheme.

• ozon
    Answer ✓

By doing the following, I was able to get rid of the Update button:

• Browser to USER mode
    • Browser Samples
    • Filter for "One Shots" (a tag that was removed according to the Support document)
    • Select All these Samples
    • Click on Update and accept to update
    • After the process finished, the Update button became unavailable

Then I checked using the macOS Finder which Files were updated. And most of the concerned files were Samples saved as part of Maschine Projects copied from iMaschine.

• Jeremy_NI

@ozon Thanks a lot for sharing, keeping this one in my bookmarks, it will probably be super helpful to someone else.