Bug in TP3 - 3.6.0 325 - Duplicate entries in collection

Comments

• Svensk
    Svensk Member Posts: 16 Member
    edited September 2022

Import as always - Import Track Collection... how should I transfer the data? There are more than 140 lines in the browser :-)

Opened a new ticket under #3437096, I'm happy to send something on it, I'm happy to do a TeamViewer session with a technician, for example

• Jayrock79
    Jayrock79 Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi Allan,

I have two main music directories.

One is my entire iTunes library (folder structure is completely managed by iTunes) and the other are older files which I have not added to the iTunes library (folder structure by genre).

90% are in iTunes, so mostly m4a files.

After I imported the collection from 3.5 and no duplication occurred, I did "import music folders" and already the number of added tracks is going up and you quickly notice that it's mostly the tracks with umlauts and special characters that show up twice in the library.

Greetz

J

• Barbataz
    Barbataz Member Posts: 7 Advisor

Hi.

From my side, the hot fix seems to have solved the issue. 👍

First I’ve renamed the traktor directory « Traktor 3.6.0 » as OLD so that Traktor uses the previous 3.5.x folder. Then installed the hot fix and imported the collection from the default path.

• Svensk
    edited September 2022

I attached the nml with the duplicates to the ticket via Smartlist.

I installed 3.6.1 and deleted the 3.6.0 folder beforehand, so there was another clean import from 3.5.3 for information

• Svensk
    edited September 2022

Hi - the new ticket is Native Instruments - #3437096 - now the support asks where my problem is although I pointed out the old ticket and the same error 😂💁🏻‍♂️

Maybe you can control something there?

Greetings Sven

• MiQ
    MiQ Member Posts: 3 Member

Fixed for me in 3.6.1 😎

• criwo
    criwo Member Posts: 2 Member

I still get some duplicates with 3.6.1 running on MacOS 12.5.1

• I am using the "import music folders" action via right click on track collection
    • I get new tracks imported -> good
    • I also get some (maybe 20 - 30) tracks duplicated.
    • When I delete the new added duplicates from collection, the exact same track will be re-added during next "import music folders"
  • wwwolf
    wwwolf Member Posts: 4 Member

Same as criwo above - running 3.6.1 on MacOS 12.5.1

I just upgraded direct from 3.5.3 to 3.6.1 and now have duplicates which, having spot checked a proportion of them, all appear to have special characters in Artist, Track or Album, so everything Björk, or on a Café del Mar album etc.

Since I have Traktor set to do a consistency check on load, it is also re-analyzing all 58 tracks every time, which is really annoying, slowing down my start up.

Something I haven't seen anyone mention is that, if I 'Search in Playlists' the duplicates are in $COLLECTION and also in something called $IMPORTTEMP - dunno if that's helpful / useful to know? Or just part of the analysis process? I did wonder if it's why they get reanalysed every time tho...?

• wwwolf
    wwwolf Member Posts: 4 Member

Done some more reading on this site and others and decided to revert to 3.5.3.

I hear this is being actively worked on - looking forward to the update with working fix. Thanks :)

• DJ KillaWatt
    DJ KillaWatt Member Posts: 2 Member

I'm still getting duplicate songs in my collection. Anyone still getting the same?

• DJBoni
    DJBoni Member Posts: 39 Member
    edited September 2022

Even when i remove doubles by the dozens, after every restart, Traktor 3.6.1 adds them again to my collection. 👺

So TRAKTOR 3.6.1 did NOT fix Duplicate Collection Entries after Update from 3.5 for me, using macOS Monterey on MacBook Pro 16 inch M1 pro.

• Svensk
    edited September 2022

Here's the answer from support (for everyone else's info):

So continue to work with 3.5.3 for now... Too bad

"...I have spoken to the developers and this issue is currently under investigation and should be addressed in a future hotfix release.

Here you have the bug ID for your reference:

TP-17362 Tracks are duplicated in the collection if they are from folders/files with special characters that are imported on Start up

We will change the status of the ticket to "Solved" as there is not much we can do at the moment. If you want to check the status of the fix, simply reply to the ticket and include the bug ID. ..."

• Andreas_NI
    Andreas_NI Customer Care Posts: 30 mod

Hello everyone,

We have flagged the issue with our developers and they are currently looking into solving it. For now we only see that a few of our users are affected and not all, however we will hopefully have a solution very soon.

For now the recommendation is to downgrade to TP 3.5.3, as Svensk mentions. Here you can find the downgrade links.

Mac 3.5.3 Direct DL Link

Windows 3.5.3 Direct DL Link

We are really sorry for the inconveniences caused with this issue.

• Jayrock79
    Jayrock79 Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi Andreas,

for me the whole thing is to be classified as a clear blocker. Therefore, it should really be prioritized.

Have made & paid the subscription for the Traktor Pro Plus and can not use it, because 3.6 is absolutely unsuitable due to this failure.

How do you imagine how something like this should run in general and in the future?

The road to 3.5.3 was already long and difficult, because again and again bugs have appeared, which have made individual versions unusable. Sometimes for Mac-, sometimes for Win-Users.

• Svensk

I've thought about asking this question myself - because I've subscribed to the PLUS version myself and can't use it.