I sold a very old version of Komplete 8 for $10 on Ebay and now can't use Komplete 12

pseudodrab
pseudodrab Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I sold a very old version of Komplete 8 for $10 on Ebay and now can't use the Komplete 12 upgrade I bought. Got an email about it costing $399 to get back to working but have no idea where to pay that. Can't find in Native Access where to pay this or online. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru
    Answer ✓

Buy an old version of Komplete from an audio forum... and your upgrade should work again

Answers

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru
    Answer ✓

Buy an old version of Komplete from an audio forum... and your upgrade should work again

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@nightjar is right, that would be the cheapest way. If you need to get in touch with our agents, that's where to go: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

Probably needs to be said that if you upgrade a license to a new version that upgrade is attached to your original purchase. Seems pretty obvious to me that you cannot buy a v8 one year, then buy an upgrade the next for a significant discount and sell your previous copy... It's all one product just with upgrade paths so don't sell the old ones if you upgraded. May be an expensive lesson.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

It is intuitevely expexted to be like you say with upgrades and updates. But not so much with crossgrades. It is not OPs case, but guy in another thread has asked about Light Series Crossgrade....

Also it is not true that licences are attached together forever (in NI case). One may sell Base Product and use Upgrade/Update, if one has another Base Product that qualifies....

So, if one buys HW1 that comes with Komplete Select, buys Upgrade to Komplete, buys HW2 that comes with Komplete Select and sells HW1, every works just fine. KS from HW2 becomes Base Product instead of KS from HW1. (And beside that, SW bundled with HW stays at sellers account anyway, for most HW).

So, more correct example would be. One buys Komplete Select, later on Upgrade to Komplete, later HW with bundled KS, later sells original KS. Bundled KS becomes Base product instead of sold standalone KS.