Komplete Kontrol crashes a lot

gorzasty
gorzasty Member Posts: 10 Member

Hi

I wisited link: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/5217260793617-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-Crashes

Did everything, and still have the same problem with Komplete. Under Komplete desktop app, loaded under Cubase pro 12 or Ableton. Same thing. During loading the preset everything is crashing and returning to pulpit. Very annoying,

It was happening with older version and now I have everything up to date and still the same bug.

Can I have some help here? Is there any dump file after crash to attach it here?

Right now I have to avoid any Komplete instruments while producing...

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,579 Expert

So, on what OS is this happening and loading what preset/instrument?

Does it happen with any instrument?

Cannot say I have had any real issues myself, has always been just as stable as any other plugin tbh.

• gorzasty
    gorzasty Member Posts: 10 Member

Win 10 Pro. It is happening randomly. Sometimes I can load for example something form free library like play series analog dreams, and another time it freezes during loading preset process.

• JesterMgee
    edited September 2022

Yeah, need some actual steps to reproduce, “random” is too hard to dive into. I have used KK a LOT in every production within Ableton and have not had freeze/crash at all, works surprisingly well and I’m mostly windows 10 also.

must be something going on but you will need to nail things down a bit.

• sdsherer
    sdsherer Member Posts: 8 Member

I have same crashing problem. I have narrowed it down a little:

It will happen in standalone mode, so the DAW is eliminated.

Without going into all the steps, it seems to occur (so far) when trying to load sample-based instruments.

I can one-click on the instrument to hear a preview of the sound, but when double-clicked it will die. Usually preceded by some clicking and/or extended preview noise.

It also happens when not connected to the audio interface.

• sdsherer

I have discovered that Kontakt 7 requires a video card above my current directx 3d feature level. I am getting a new card, but does that sound like a reason why KK would crash when it does?

Thanks.

• JesterMgee

Well, again, need to actually know what you drive before can recommend if another car would be better than what you have.

• sdsherer

I have replaced my graphics card with one that should have fixed the Direct3d problem. But no.

Again, Komplete Kontrol will die completely when some of the instruments attempt to load. It doesn't matter if my midi controller or my audio interface are on or off. It is not random. The ones that will ALWAYS crash are from the "sample-based" characters, but that may not be the full list.

When I run KK standalone (or from a DAW) it will do the same thing. Single click on an instrument, you hear the preview. Double click to load that instrument and it will die (preceded by some faint clicking noises.)

Here are some basics about my system. Let me know of more info would be helpful. Do you see anything obvious?

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Device name   Steve-Desktop

Processor   AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor  3.00 GHz

Installed RAM   12.0 GB

Device ID   CE20C2DB-775A-4CC8-92F8-43302DF0B015

Product ID   00330-80000-00000-AA774

System type   64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch   No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition   Windows 10 Pro

Version   22H2

Installed on   ‎10/‎8/‎2021

OS build   19045.2604

Experience   Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

• JesterMgee

What instrument are you trying to load that causes the crash?

• sdsherer

Like I said, any instrument under "sample-based" for sure, but I'm not sure that's the whole list. Such as:

I copied this screen for you, double clicked on "Atmospheric" and KK went away completely.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 913 Guru
    edited March 2023

All these crashes will be recorded in Event Viewer. Take a trip out there and post back with some screencaps or text of what's going on exactly when the Komplete Kontrol executable and if any other system files are contributing to the problem.

Event Viewer can record the most obscure stuff and you may be surprised to find out this may have a completely different cause than simply loading libraries and watching KK crash.

Per the screencap - go to Event Viewer->Custom Views->Admin Events and look for everything in there with the "level" of Error - these will most likely be all your crashes in the last week or so.

VP

• sdsherer

Thanks for the input. Based on your suggestion, I looked at event viewer, ran chkdsk, reinstalled kontakt7 to no avail.

• Vocalpoint

Well - the second message is the result of the first. Clearly something major is missing on your system with that Error 1005 item.

We would need to see the Details tab on that first message to determine what's really "missing".

FWIW I rarely see 1005 in my travels - what exactly are you running KK on - desktop, laptop?

Any removable drives in play here?

We are getting somewhere but need more details...

VP

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 450 Pro

I'm suspecting there are some underlying library files missing. I'd start with Native Access and check the various libraries for consistency. This almost sounds like the libraries are pointing to one drive location but all of the underlying files have been moved to a different location.

• sdsherer

So, the culprit must be Kontakt7, as it crashes standalone as well.

I have run chkdsk, sfc, defrag, all the standard Windows stuff that I'm aware of.

I have uninstalled Kontakt7 from Windows/settings/apps and reinstalled from Native Access.

I'm running on a desktop. There are no removable devices in play.

Here are some more screenshots from event viewer for what's it's worth:

Thanks.

• Vocalpoint
    edited March 2023

Thanks for upping the screencaps. This is a weird one in that we still do not know what is causing Event 1005. I have researched this hard and it has wide range of causes - none of them normal.

The event is one of those poorly worded (and very poorly implemented) messages as you can see the bulk of the text is a placeholder. Note the exaggerated space right after the words "Windows cannot access the file" - there is a gap here that should display some sort of filename - but it does not. And the error value of 00000000 and Disk Type = 0 tell us nothing either.

Have you ran DISM at an (admin) command prompt with these switches?

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /StartComponentCleanup

This will once and for all tell you if Windows 10 is sound. If this comes back clean - then I agree DunedinDragon that we have something else missing here - like a MS C++ library or something.

To do a health check here - we need to check what Redistributables you have installed in Control Panel (do not do this via the Windows 10 Settings App):

and for those that have an actual icon (vs what looks like a DOS box) - click Change and do a Repair:

If after all this Kontakt still crashes - then this one is for support as I think we have taken this as far as we can here :)

Cheers!

VP