Komplete kontrol vst 3 plugin does not work properly in Ableton live with Kontrol s88mk1

madboy
madboy Member Posts: 8 Member
edited September 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

When i load up the vst 3 plugin for komplete kontrol in ableton and I use the s88 mk1, I get this problem.

I load up a track and all the parameters are mapped etc. on the s88mk1.

then I load up another track and it switches to that one and the parameters change on the s88mk1 to reflect the new track.

But when I go back to the previous track it does not load up the parameters they stay mapped to the last track loaded.

So I can't switch between tracks and use any of the knobs etc. This does not happen with the vst2 plugin, though if i load up the vst3 plugin with vst2 plugins loaded that were switching it does then create the same problem of not switching. There was a live update that seemed to fix this, but I may have just been working on tracks using the vst2 plugin. Does this mean that the vst3 plugin is unusable with the s88 mk1.

See this post as well:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,303 mod
    Answer ✓

Host Integration means transport and control of Ableton. Browsing sounds, loading them in the Komplete Kontrol plug-in, controlling them, the interaction between the plug-in and the keyboard, this is not dependant on the host, it works in any DAW that accepts the AU, VST or VST3 format.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @madboy What is your operating system ? Are you on Mac or PC ? If you have a MK1 keyboard you should use the Komplete Kontrol Ableton rack adg files, either VST or AU (if on Mac). There is no adg / Ableton rack for VST3 at the moment. I assume your issue is coming from this. Check this article: How to Integrate KOMPLETE KONTROL with Your DAW. I'm not sure the scripts for the mk1 keyboards will get an update.

• madboy

I am using PC with Win10. Why does komplete kontrol install a vst3 for ableton then if its not usable from native access.

When you say "I'm not sure the scripts for the mk1 keyboards will get an update." does this mean that the keyboard may become obsolete?

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

Is the track being armed, are you switching tracks using the keyboard or clicking with the mouse? Control focus only happens when the track arm button is engaged.

• Jeremy_NI

@madboy Remote scripts only affect host integration in Ableton, so even if the case that the remote scrips don't get updated, that doesn't mean that the keyboard would become "obsolete". The keyboard is still supported and compatible with current operating systems.

• madboy

Does this mean it would not be usable in ableton because that would make it pretty much obsolete for me?

• Jeremy_NI

It would still be usable in Ableton and any DAW, as I said Remote scripts only affect host integration in Ableton.

• madboy

Does this mean that all the NKS mapped parameters, browsing sounds, transport controls will not work, or is that a separate thing to host integration?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Host Integration means transport and control of Ableton. Browsing sounds, loading them in the Komplete Kontrol plug-in, controlling them, the interaction between the plug-in and the keyboard, this is not dependant on the host, it works in any DAW that accepts the AU, VST or VST3 format.

• madboy

ok cool that's a relief :)

• Noisy
    Noisy Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

It’s not working because NI hasn’t made a new Ableton rack for Komplete Kontrol to work with VST3, which is kind of crazy. It’s been months! Renders VST3 completely useless in Ableton with KK until they do it. A reallll bummer.