Sounds Go Randomly out Of tune?

Bernard Hankins
Bernard Hankins Member Posts: 20 Member

Has anyone else experienced a problem where Maschine randomly decides to make a sound or group go out of tune from the rest of the project?

In the past this has happened where I was using Xpand! 2. Sometime sit would happen too when unplugging the MIDI controller.

NO controller plugged in this time. I checked to see if tuning got changed in the plugins itself or an effect added by accident, not the case. This time it has happened with Kontakt, tuning was set to zero, but the MIDI notes are out of key. they were not shifted. I exported MIDI, and saved the Kontakt preset and reloaded them manually and they re back in the correct key. But trying to see is there anything causing this.

Tagged:

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

Are you sure nothing is sending Pitch Bend events? Maybe you had the touch strip set to pitch and accidentally touched it?

• Bernard Hankins

No, no MIDI instrument of any kind was plugged in when this happened

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited September 2022

Hum... Hard to debug this one. If reloading the MIDI fixes it then it indicates the problem is in the MIDI but if you checked for pitch bend modulation/automation lanes and such and there was none then this is quite the mystery. Next time it happens save the project with a new name and upload it here so we can have a look.

By any chance are you using a very high sample rate?

• Schmapps1
    Schmapps1 Member Posts: 133 Pro

I’ve had that problem in the past, I believe I ended up tracking it down to being a sample rate issue

• Bernard Hankins

Hi D-One and Schmapps thanks for reading. The sample rate is just 48000 and I'm not using any bounced wav files. The only wavs are drum one shots from Splice. Maschine library and 1 sample from free sound.org. Everything else is pure MIDI.

I think something is going on with Kontakt. One instance in my "CHOIR" group is fine, but then a Kontakt instance in my "VOX" group will be out of tune or vice versa. I tested it too: the tune for all my Kontakt instruments in the "VOX" instance are set to 0, and if I tune them down to -1 semitone they are back in tune with the entire composition.

Here is the project file: https://mega.nz/file/gY8g1Qia#WNmDQ3VqN5uF9bSoy71euyNDbOj5G4s3NoK9vVuC8Ik

The problem groups are "CHOIR" and "VOX"

This is version 18 of the file, I went back to version 15 and the "CHOIR" is fine, but then went out of tune again.

Thanks

• Schmapps1
    Schmapps1 Member Posts: 133 Pro

Hmmm I’m not sure then, sorry. When it happened to me, I think I had an instrument plugin that was set to a different sample rate than my global sample rate setting in Maschine

• nxtseq
    nxtseq Member Posts: 18 Member

I've had this issue before, ish.. It happened mostly with samples to me, I think it might have happened to a plugin once. After the newest updates I haven't gotten the bug, ever. I found it impossible to replicate as it mostly happened on random. Hope you get this sorted. What Maschine version are you running?

• Bernard Hankins

Yeah it is really random. This happened on my work computer a few times and that is the first time on my personal computer. I'm on version 2.15.2

• RichieRich
    RichieRich Member Posts: 5 Member

I have Xpand2 but I can't find it in my Vst or VST3 folder even though I've added the folder everywhere possible still no Xpand2 I even did the plugins scan still nothing can you help me out Bernard Hankins how did you get it to work!!!

• kristopher
    kristopher Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Why do people answert and say, " oh yeah I don't know '! Why answer ti say you don't know?

• Cretin Dilettante
    Cretin Dilettante Member Posts: 120 Advisor

I'm part of a super secret Zeta Program that NI recruited a handful of people for...what you're experiencing is the new "tunings" feature. You see, your music wasn't "out of tune"; the good folks at NI have merely employed an AI to listen to all of your tunes so that it can repitch and retune them to more pleasant sounding scales. You're hearing the gentle sound of the 420.69hz standard, discovered by Dr.Sondgut of the Gut Vibrations Institute.