White noise/hum

Russell28
Russell28 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited September 2022 in Maschine

Out of the blue I suddenly have white noise/hum when using certain Kontact instruments in Logic Pro X, but not others. I hear it if I play back a recording, and I hear it if I am just playing while not recording. I often wont hear it until I hit a key on my keyboard, and then it starts up, and then it will go away maybe 4 seconds after the midi part ends. Interestingly, if I go into Kontakt and on the upper right hit the "FX" button to turn them off, it goes away. I can still hear the part play but without the hum (and the effects).

I have not been able to identify a ground loop issue. And if there was one it wouldn't make sense to me that it would only come on with certain instruments/samples, and not others. And I don't know why it would go away with the FX button.

I read other old threads I could find. One guy said his went away when he turned ON auto quantizing, but that didn't work for me.

I tried opening a brand new project and it did it there too.

I did recently upgrade to a new Macbook with the M1 max processor, and am opening with Rosetta. But the weird thing is it all seemed fine at first. This popped up all of a sudden.

Any ideas? Have lost many hours.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

@Russell28 Would you have an audio example ? What are your audio settings in Logic ? This doesn't happen in Kontakt in standalone ?

• Russell28

Didn't seem like it'd let me upload a file here, but hopefully this drop box link will work.

• Russell28
    edited September 2022

Not sure what audio settings you want in particular.

I did rule out the issue being my keyboard or my interface (Helix) by testing it using the onboard computer speakers as the output, and using the "musical typing" function as the input, so nothing external plugged in at all.

I just confirmed that the issue also happens when I run Kontakt as stand alone.

Thank you for your help! I appreciate any ideas you have.

• Jeremy_NI

@Russell28 On which instruments / presets does this happen ?

If you change the buffer size to 128 or 256, does it still happen ? Does it also happen if you choose the onboard soundcard of your computer ?

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Russell28 You didn't get back to us. If you still need help, you can get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_maschine I'll close this post now.

This discussion has been closed.