Traktor Pro 3.6 Crashes (Closes instantly) on Opening

Prakash Wadhwani
Prakash Wadhwani Member Posts: 8 Member

Hi !!

I last used Traktor Pro 3.x (either 3.3 or 3.5, unsure) 2 weeks back for an event. It worked perfectly.

Approximately 5 days back when I tried to fire up Traktor Pro 3.x, it would open and then instantly close ... I couldn't even see the initial Traktor windows layout.

I just upgraded to 3.6 (via Native Access) hoping it'll clear this issue. Unfortunately it's the same.

The only culprit I can think of is Windows updates which installed just prior to firing up Traktor Pro 3.x 5 days back. Do you'll think the Windows Updates could have caused this to happen? Has anyone else faced this issue?

Any tips and pointers would be sure appreciated. Thx.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Prakash Wadhwani can you try uninstalling Traktor

Fixing Software Update Installation Issues (Windows)

then restart your computer and reinstall Traktor again on Native Access?

• Faikez
    Faikez Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello,

i have the same issue. Upgraded from 3.5 to 3.6. Traktor crashes on startup. I cant even see the traktor window. Have tried to uninstall/reinstall, delete regedit, document, appdata, programdata, entrys. also deleted regedit with ni regedit tool.

I get a crashlog should i share it here? Is it possible to get the 3.5 version. I cant find it in native access anymore.

thank you

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

@Prakash Wadhwani @Faikez I created support tickets for you instead because we might need more info from you in order to troubleshoot. You'll hear back from us by email.

• Dwayne
    Dwayne Member Posts: 1 Member

I'm using the following:

Numark 4Trak

Windows 10 pro

Ryzen 5 pro 4650G

I am getting a full freeze after a couple of minutes (or less), a usb not recognized, and a usb flashing light on my controller. Also my audio line levels aren't as loud and I am getting a constant hum which I never had before the update to 3.6. Help. I've been using Traktor for 15 years. I don't want to have to change now... I'm old.

• farebrotha
    farebrotha Member Posts: 7 Member

I have Traktor 3.6.1 that worked just great since 10 Sep 2022 and as of 11 Oct, 2022 keeps crashing upon launching the software program. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice yet it crashes each time upon opening the Traktor interface. Interestingly enough if I use Traktor 3.5.2 from the backup folder and 3.5.2 launches without a problem.

I have Traktor Kontrol S3 Mk3

Windows 10 Pro

System Model HP 250 G6 Notebook PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Adapter Description Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

• WatsonVision
    WatsonVision Member Posts: 1 Member

This is happening to me too. My system is a S4 MK3. Tractor 3.6 or 3.7, whatever the newest current one is. On a arteria mini lab to and an F1. I have a dell inspiron 7. 1 laptop. And it has an Nvidia. GEO flex or, you know, GEO force on 250. I just discovered that I could install the newest software Without selecting G force experience. Oh, thank **** God. At least it'll stop trying to switch my audio to my **** monitor speakers. But now, when I start the computer, everything's fine. And I start tractor, and it flashes up after loading up, you know, everything. And then it just disappears.. I have not been able to practice forBecause for the months, it's always been **** something. For a while there, it was that I couldn't use beatport, and it wouldn't sync. And then they figured that one out. And the thing that's made me crazy. Windows 11 and the computers desire to switch my audio from my tractor S. 4 to my HP monitors speakers that I don't even use. And my other monitor. It's made me crazy for months and months and months. And finally, they have a solution.. I could never DJ without a horror. Pops clicks and hisses because Windows was continuously trying to swap my power around with my speakers. No matter what I judge whether it be the leading hardware, And reinstalling and uninstalling drivers trying to Corrupt drivers going into the bios and disabling onboard sound. No matter what I did, it always went back to trying to do what it wanted to do. Make traces for me. That was **** Finally. Finally, they have a solution, and it's so Friggin. simple. kept setting things back so that it would. Switch things to the computer speakers. Why the F'yuck. would someone, Anyone really... Why would anyone want windows to indiscriminately juggle their audio, be it mom in a SkillShare session to that bedroom dj honing his skills-blending beats & basslines. to the creating from one to another It's just **** beautiful studio monitors? So how. So help me, please. I just want to **** practice DJ. I'm. I'm like, I, I'm just kind of like, it's, it's kind of killed me in my desire to, I don't know, it's, it's starting to have a negative impact on my I'm just gonna have to switch to, like, you know, record box or, you know, one of the competitors. I mean, at least virtual DJ has the ability to make immediate stems, you know, And you have video too. If I could just do some of that sampling ****, I don't know. I need help.