Reading the building with primary manual.

peppe from sweden
peppe from sweden Member Posts: 59 Member
edited September 2022 in Building With Reaktor

Hi until the chapter "building a advence stesequencer" on page 85 or something I had no problem understanding because to this point it's like a hardware modular. I need help understanding the multi display module and when it says it can contain objects, what defines a object in this case?

Also it gets a bit abstract and confusing with trying to understand what the x and y really stand for in this case. I googled 2D array and as i get it it's just x and y rows forming a square of defined events. In this case 16 quantized pitch events. X = mouse position, Y = height/ pitch?. And the the idx (index port) is confusing to me. Is it here the pitch data is recived?

And be easy on me as i never in my life touched programming and my math skills is bacic.

Thanks in advance

Peppe

Comments

• peppe from sweden
    edited September 2022

This i grasp some of it but not fully.

The order module is chystal clear. Like a selector or switch module in eurorack, but unlike them there is no input for changing the order. The modulo module I understand is a combainer with math functions, problem is i don't understand it. Copied

"The Div port outputs the truncated (? What does truncated means?) division of the inputs, so input values of A=5 and B=2 would produce an output of 2. • The Mod port outputs the remainder of the division, so the input values of A=5 and B=2 would produce 1."

Reminder of the division?

Yeah I know what division is 😄

• peppe from sweden

It gets more clear the more i read it but I read it over and over for hours. X = position of the mouse, Y = height (pitch) of the object and the definition of "object" in this case is?

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 761 Guru

An 'object' in this case is a thing that can be drawn, a graphical entity. So a line, or a box, or a rectangle, or a frame of a multi-frame bitmap animation, or a smooth line... each of these is an object. The type of object is controlled by inputting a value at the object input of the module.

The same Multidisplay can render multiple objects of different types. The only significant restriction is that there can only be one multi-frame bitmap, and all the frames need to be the same size.

I only started truly getting to grips with the multidisplay when I gave up trying to control it from the Primary layer. I always drive it via core, because it's much simple to guarantee the correct order of inputs. Before that, I'd get into bugs and problems that were difficult to solve, and never could be fully confident.

You can do some pretty cool stuff with a multi-display. But also nice simple stuff too.

Any more questions, just post 'em :)

• peppe from sweden

Thanks!! I surley will use 50% blocks when building but want to understand as much as possible when it comes to the primary modules. Logic/math modules is the ones i have problem with, at least some of them.

The modulo module for example sends a truncated (?) Division of it's two inputs. I get the division part but what means with truncated in this case?

Also the second output sends a reminder (?) Of the division. Why/how is that and how can it be used?

Thanks once again 😊

• peppe from sweden

So a object in Reaktor can also mean a LFO or a ramp, or what ever that sends information? I will try to use the multi display module to make a macro were i can draw my own waveshapes for parameter control. Or if there is a easier way?