NI Komplete Kontrol Xtreme

Hello everyone

I would like to present you with a design that I made of what would be the next great master controller, of NI. 😀

Performance

• Audio Interface 32 bits 768Khz
  • ESS SABRE PRO ADC Deluxe 122dB DNR Stereo
  • ESS SABRE PRO DAC Deluxe 132dB SNR Stereo
  • Quad-core DSP with TDM, I2C, SPI and SlimBus support
  • AMD Ryzen Embedded V2718
  • 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 SO-DIMM removable
  • 256GB SSD removable

Features

• Komplete Kontrol and Maschine software Built-in
  • 73 Fatar keys polyphonic aftertouch
  • 12” 1080p multi-touch screen
  • 8 assignable motorized faders
  • 8 assignable channel knobs
  • 40 assignable buttons for DAW/KONTAKT
  • 6 buttons for DAW control
  • 12 assignable buttons for MASCHINE
  • 16 PADs dynamic sensitivity

Connections

• 4 USB4 Host for PC, MAC, Pendrive, External HDD or NAS
  • Dual AVB Network for profesional audio interface
  • Dual Headphones
  • Dual Combo Jack/XLR Microphone Phantom Power
  • 5.1 Output for profesional monitors
  • Control, Expressions and Sustain pedals Inputs
  • 6x USB MIDI 2
  • WIFI 6 and Ableton Link

What do you think, is it good to have an all-in-one studio, suggestions and ideas to have it?

My cordial greetings

Tagged:

Comments

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

That is a lot of controls and connections for sure. Curious to know what would be your retail price for this one?

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited September 2022

Definitely rock solid specs! Would be a beast of a MIDI keyboard but very high-end and therefore quite expensive I believe.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

Just my opinion, but far too big and too many buttons. I’d also shudder to think of the cost and would just prefer the setup I use. These “all in one” devices may be a nice idea for some live stuff but that thing needs a dedicated room for its size and if I need a room I’d use a pc, keyboard and mouse for the convenience.

• Skylär Astaröt
    Skylär Astaröt Member Posts: 6 Member

I have no idea, surely more expensive than a liturgical organ, but I would pay anything for this keyboard.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,274 Guru
    edited September 2022

Far too much stuff piled into one device. If one element breaks or gets behind in technical evolution.. your whole investment gets wrecked.

I much prefer having separate devices that are designed to integrate brilliantly.

• Skylär Astaröt
    Skylär Astaröt Member Posts: 6 Member

If it is true, this keyboard would definitely be more focused on live, but on stage.

I remember the time when Openlabs launched this type of keyboard, Opensynth NeKo 64, until 2010 I was about to buy the Gen6 NeKo XXL, that was the beginning of a trend in professional studios, far from the reach of normal users , then many years later the Akai MPC Key 61 appears, much more affordable, but just as powerful, I think that a keyboard like these facilitates the integration of Groveboxes, synths and controllers in a single equipment, for large studios and portable for live events.

I have always liked these types of keyboards.

• JeffFry
    JeffFry Member Posts: 7 Member

I would rather have an MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression) keyboard than all of the audio stuff. Of course I could just buy a ROLI Seaboard RISE 2 but I don't think ROLI has the staff, money or management to support their products very well.