Komplete 13 issue to install with original disk.

Scad
Scad Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hi,

I have a macOS Monterey 12.5.1

I buy Komplete 13 ultimate with a disk. I installed via native access but it is not possible. The disk is in exfat format. I don't see the directories on the disk. Exfat is not recognised by MAC...

If I connect to windows, I can see all the directories. I don't understand how it is possible to sell a disk supposed compatible with my mac...

Do you have a solution for me please ?

Thank you

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Scad You can't install on the Komplete hard drives, they are only installers, like a DVD. You should use it in conjunction of Native Access that will install products partly from the drive and not the internet. If you need to install the content on an external hard drive you will need a proper external hard drive, and on Mac this drive should be formatted to APFS.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

ExFat “is” cross platform compatible, your Mac should be able to read it. Have a look at this article for some troubleshooting ti…

https://www.yodot.com/mac-data-recovery/exfat-drive-not-recognized-on-mac.html

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Scad You can't install on the Komplete hard drives, they are only installers, like a DVD. You should use it in conjunction of Native Access that will install products partly from the drive and not the internet. If you need to install the content on an external hard drive you will need a proper external hard drive, and on Mac this drive should be formatted to APFS.

• Scad

Hi Jeremy_NI

It was my mistake. I thought everything was installed on the same disk. I bought an other external disk and it works fine now. Thank you very much for your help and your explanations.

• Scad

Thank you Blindeddie for your article.