Audio files in the event area on the "sound," level?

Season
Season Member Posts: 23 Member
edited August 2022 in Maschine

If I'm not mistaken, weren't you able to place audio files in the event area on the "sound," level? Even ones that you edited in Maschine like start and end points etc... In the edit window? What happened to that? The last I remember version 2.7 had it I think. Right now, I'm on version 2.15.2 and I can't for the life of me seem to figure out what happened or how to bring it back. Where in the world did NI move it? This seems to be messing with the workflow I've grown comfortable in over the years.

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    edited August 2022

I think you're talking about the Audio Plug-In, if the sample is tagged as a "Loop" you can indeed just drag-and-drop it in, if it's not then just load the Audio Plug-In first.

• Season
    Season Member Posts: 23 Member

I see what you posted, but I definitely can't drag and drop in a sample to where it looks like that, And I always have toast it as the "Audio," plugin. I could swear things used to work way different before version 2.14.x. I also wish I could timestretch within the pattern editor screen as well by grabbing the audio and either expanding or contracting it. It would also be nice to have a slicing tool within the pattern editor as well. I love using Maschine for making music but why does everything have to be so complicated or the needed features don't exist?